Patient Safety Risk Officer | RN | Ohio
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
Galileo Search is conducting a search for an experienced Patient Safety Risk Officer for our nationally recognized, award-winning Client. Located in a thriving city known for their down to earth residents, you’ll find everything from a foodie-worthy innovative restaurant scene, convenient access to cultural and art events as well as sporting events and entertainment venues. This opportunity combines professional growth and challenge, with a high standard of living!
The Patient Safety Risk Officer provides leadership for the design, implementation, and coordination of the organization's proactive Patient Safety/Risk Management program and service areas across the System and facilitates process improvement endeavors to support the elimination of errors and other factors that contribute to adverse patient outcomes, as expected from a high-reliability organization. This high-profile position will report to the Director of Risk Management.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provides for 24/7 Patient Safety/Risk Management coverage and response for assigned areas of responsibility. Proactively performs surveillance and evaluates patient safety risks in a uniform and consistent manner for assigned facilities, service areas and affiliated joint ventures
• Oversight of incident reporting and response process, including evaluation of all incidents, investigation, identification of risk exposures, follow-up and performance of trending analysis for assigned facilities/service areas
• Serves as ZeroHarm trainer for the organization. Coaches/mentors leadership and colleagues on use of Safety Behaviors. Participates on the MCHS Serious Safety Event Classification team and provides information on potential safety events for team review
• Responsible for identification of potential and actual sentinel events with prompt notification of key stakeholders including senior leadership, and site administration for conducting investigation of event and root cause analysis
• Collaborates to support investigation and defense of claims against the Health System. Provides defense attorneys requested information to prepare for pending litigation and/or claim reimbursement
• Provides guidance and support for patient care issues with patient safety/risk or legal implications, i.e. consent issues, adoption, guardianship, EMTALA, HIPAA
• Bachelor's Degree required; Master’s or Juris Doctor degree preferred
• Ohio RN or reciprocity required
• Certified Professional inHealthcare Risk Management CPHRM required within two years of hire
• Minimum 2 years of experience in the field of Patient Safety/Risk Management; or at minimum 5 years of recent progressive management and clinical leadership experience
• Understanding of how to identify and address system or process failures that contribute to patient safety issues. Familiarity with tools such as Failure Mode and Effect Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, Apparent Cause Analysis, and Learning From Defects desired
• Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local regulations related to health care and of accrediting/certifying agencies such as The Joint Commission and CMS desired
• Ability to travel to multiple close proximity sites; Valid Ohio Driver's license required.
Acute Care Hospital System
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
"job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, leader, leadership, management,", "Illinois, IL, Indiana, IN, Iowa, IA, Kansas, KS, Michigan, MI, Minnesota, MN, Missouri, MO, Nebraska, NE, North Dakota, ND, Ohio, OH, South Dakota, SD, Wisconsin, WI", "Risk, risk management, CPHRM, Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management, patient safety, safety, enterprise risk management, ERM, quality, loss mitigation, legal compliance, regulatory compliance, corporate compliance, insurance, contracts, loss prevention, patient confidentiality, HIPAA, investigation, grievance, CPHQ, Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality, policy & procedure development, disciplinary action, occurrences, liability claims, investigation, performance improvement, Six Sigma, CPPS, Certified Professional in Patient Safety, incident reporting, patient claims, litigation, adverse events, claims management, clinical risk,", "CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, The Joint Commission, JCAHO, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, pay for performance, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration,", "job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, Advancement, leader, leadership, management, Supervisor, Manager, Director, Executive Director, Vice President, VP, Chief, RN, Registered Nurse, , MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, BSN, Bachelors, MSN, Masters, PhD, MPH, Juris Doctorate, JD, Six Sigma, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, Medical, Magnet,"