Infection Preventionist | RN, MT(ASCP) or MPH | Midwestern, U.S.
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
Galileo Search is conducting a search for an experienced Infection Preventionist for our Client in the Midwestern, US. Our client is a 100+ bed acute care hospital focused on providing high-quality health care services and is recognized nationally for leading the way in technological integration.
Settled in the heart of the Midwest, this organization’s location offers an excellent cost of living, a competitive housing market, and a fantastic variety of indoor and year-round outdoor activities. Combine that with family-friendly neighborhoods in a location providing local access to the arts, and history-loving locals, all considered this could be the perfect next career move!
The Infection Preventionist has primary responsibility for the Infection Prevention Program through surveillance, investigation, and reporting; outbreak investigation; development of policies and procedures; and associate, physician and patient/family education.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Coordinate the Infection Prevention Program to meet CMS/CDC and The Joint Commission (TJC) standards; including surveillance, reporting, and construction oversight
• Attain and maintain knowledge of CMS/CDC and TJC standards for infection prevention
• Perform surveillance on all required CMS/CDC infections which includes, chart review, data collection, analysis of potential infections, concurrent intervention with staff and providers, and submission of data to NHSN for CMS/CDC and other regulatory agencies
• Work in collaboration with the Infection Prevention Medical Director to develop the agenda, packet, minutes, etc. for the Infection Prevention Committee
• Perform root cause analysis on healthcare-acquired infections (HAI) or hospital-onset infections (HO)
• Educate all audiences (employees, physicians, patients/families, volunteers, community) regarding CMS/CDC/TJC changes, updates, and any relevant topic
• Educate employees during new employee orientation, annually, and as needed
• Develop policies and procedures
• Collaborate with leadership and critical roles to address changes or issues identified
• Lead and facilitate performance improvement projects
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• RN or MT(ASCP)
• CIC required or obtained within 24 months
• 3-5+ years Infection Prevention experience in an acute care setting
Acute Care Hospital
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
"job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, leader, leadership, management,", "Illinois, IL, Indiana, IN, Iowa, IA, Kansas, KS, Michigan, MI, Minnesota, MN, Missouri, MO, Nebraska, NE, North Dakota, ND, Ohio, OH, South Dakota, SD, Wisconsin, WI", "Infection Prevention, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, epidemiology, HAI, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, performance measurement, federal regulations, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, procedures, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, Carefusion MedMined, TheraDoc, Premier SafetySurveillor, AICE, ICNet, Sentri7, RL Solutions IMPro, SafetySurveillor,", "CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, The Joint Commission, JCAHO, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, pay for performance, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration,", "job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, Advancement, leader, leadership, management, Supervisor, Manager, Director, Executive Director, Vice President, VP, Chief, RN, Registered Nurse, , MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, BSN, Bachelors, MSN, Masters, PhD, MPH, Juris Doctorate, JD, Six Sigma, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, Medical, Magnet,"