Infection Preventionist | RN, MT(ASCP) or MPH | Midwestern, U.S.
Galileo Search is conducting a search for an experienced Infection Preventionist for our Client in the Midwestern, US. Our client is a 100+ bed acute care hospital focused on providing high-quality health care services and is recognized nationally for leading the way in technological integration.
Settled in the heart of the Midwest, this organization’s location offers an excellent cost of living, a competitive housing market, and a fantastic variety of indoor and year-round outdoor activities. Combine that with family-friendly neighborhoods in a location providing local access to the arts, and history-loving locals, all considered this could be the perfect next career move!
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Coordinate the Infection Prevention Program to meet CMS/CDC and The Joint Commission (TJC) standards; including surveillance, reporting, and construction oversight
• Attain and maintain knowledge of CMS/CDC and TJC standards for infection prevention
• Perform surveillance on all required CMS/CDC infections which includes, chart review, data collection, analysis of potential infections, concurrent intervention with staff and providers, and submission of data to NHSN for CMS/CDC and other regulatory agencies
• Work in collaboration with the Infection Prevention Medical Director to develop the agenda, packet, minutes, etc. for the Infection Prevention Committee
• Perform root cause analysis on healthcare-acquired infections (HAI) or hospital-onset infections (HO)
• Educate all audiences (employees, physicians, patients/families, volunteers, community) regarding CMS/CDC/TJC changes, updates, and any relevant topic
• Educate employees during new employee orientation, annually, and as needed
• Develop policies and procedures
• Collaborate with leadership and critical roles to address changes or issues identified
• Lead and facilitate performance improvement projects
• RN or MT(ASCP)
• CIC required or obtained within 24 months
• 3-5+ years Infection Prevention experience in an acute care setting
About Galileo Search:
How will YOU benefit when working with Galileo?
• Highly competitive pay rates that are best in the industry -- with weekly direct-deposit
• Generous per diem for incidentals expenses and the housing of your choice if not provided by the client
• Travel expense reimbursement (flights, rental car or mileage) when applicable
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k available
• State License expense reimbursement for endorsement
• Comprehensive insurance coverage
• Short or long-term assignments
• Professional liability insurance coverage
• World-class support before, during and after each assignment
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.