Emergency Department Nurse Leader | Maine
Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
Ready to Combine Quality of Life and Career?
Galileo Search is conducting a search for an experienced Emergency Department Nurse Leader for one of our preferred client hospitals in Maine. Our client is deeply rooted in the community and focused on delivering high-quality healthcare to every patient that comes through their doors.
Combine a fulfilling career with a living experience that includes enhanced quality of life in a town with a strong sense of community, and you have a recipe for success. This vibrant area receives high marks for housing and overall livability; you will find this to be the perfect location for the next step in your career!
The Emergency Department Nurse Leader provides leadership for the development and implementation of departmental projects/initiatives, long and short-term goals, and planning, administering and evaluating the operation of the department. This department leader will coordinate with the Director to oversee implementation of patient care via organizational and departmental policies and procedures, evidence-based practice, American Nurses Association Scope, Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics, and the Maine Nurse Practice Act.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Reports to a highlysupportive Director of Emergency Services
• 50 FTEs including 1 Associate RN Leader and 5 Charge RNs
• 45,000+ ED visits per year
• Level II trauma designation and primary stroke center. Cath Lab and certified chest pain center
• Provides oversite for thedaily operations of the unit
• Responsible for TJCcompliance and HCAHP initiatives
• Accountable forunit-specific metrics and tracking progress related to meeting goals andobjectives
• Assists in recruitmentand retention of staff on the unit
• Assists with onboardingof new staff to the department
• Facilitates open andeffective communication with ancillary departments and medical staff
• Communicates areas of concernsappropriately to leadership and actively identifies solutions forcorrection
• Coaches and counselsstaff to enhance performance
• Identifies educationalopportunities for self and staff members
• Assists in thedevelopment of staff members by continuously reviewing the care theyprovide and offers constructive feedback and education
• Manages productivity byflexing staffing based on census and acuity
• Monitors supply cost tomaintain within budget, adhering to established PAR levels
• Responsible for timelypatient placement according to department matrix
• Monitor time andattendance, corrective action, and opportunities for improvement withstaff
• Maine RN or reciprocity required
• Minimum of 2 years of clinical leadershipexperience
• Demonstratesmastery of patient care, including assessment, treatment, care planning,patient education, and evidence-based practice
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.