Director, Internal Communications | Healthcare/Hospital | Maine
Ready to Combine Quality of Life and Career?
Galileo Search is conducting a search for an experienced Director of Internal Communications for one of our preferred client hospitals in Maine. Our client is deeply rooted in the community and focused on delivering high-quality healthcare to every patient that comes through their doors.
Combine a fulfilling career with a living experience that includes enhanced quality of life in a town with a strong sense of community, and you have a recipe for success. This vibrant area receives high marks for housing and overall livability; you will find this to be the perfect location for the next step in your career!
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• The position will report to the Vice President of Marketing & Communications
• Develop internal communication and messaging strategy
• Collaborate with marketing and public community relations staff
• Execute the internal communications plan, message development, and announcement strategies derived from the organization’s strategic goals and in partnership with external communications/public relations
• Serve as editor of the organization's newsletter
• Draft internal announcements and talking points when appropriate
• Assist with drafting and/or editing ad hoc system messages
• Provide communications counsel to leadership
• Identify new, and improves the existing internal communications channels and tactics
• Work with other departments in producing print, digital or presentation materials
• Oversee and manages internal communication events such as Town Halls and small group meetings with senior leaders and assist with monthly Directors’ meetings
• Assess the effectiveness of communications efforts via surveys
• Foster a positive image and consistent brand identity for the organization among internal stakeholders
• Help support internal activities within the organization
• Collaborate with the Marketing Department on corporate initiatives having an internal communications component
• Responsible for the administrative duties of the communications department
• Develop an annual budget for the Communications Department
• Assist external resources in the development and production of visual communications materials, including video and photography
• Collaborate with internal departments, providing attention, support, and assistance to foster an environment of exceptional service
• 7 years of experience in corporate/internal communications role
• Recent experience in an acute care hospital or related healthcare setting desired
• Superior communication (oral and written, including editing) and interpersonal skills
• High level of independence, energy, professional and personal integrity, and a demonstrated respect for a diversity of opinions and styles
• Proven ambassador of culture and innovative content and delivery generator
• Advanced computer knowledge
• Advanced knowledge of AP Style
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.