Interim Assistant Director of Nursing | MDS | Colorado
HIGHLY COMPETITIVE PAY | LODGING | RENTAL CAR or MILEAGE | PAID FLIGHTS HOME | WORLD-CLASS SUPPORT
Galileo Search is actively recruiting for an experienced Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) & Minimum Data Set (MDS) Coordinator. Our ideal candidate is a strong, hands-on, and approachable professional who understands how to motivate and inspire staff to achieve optimal results while keeping employee satisfaction high. Must be an approachable leader who understands the value of being a team player and have an outgoing and friendly personality.
Our client is a 50-bed senior healthcare center that is part of a highly respected and thriving healthcare system. The work location can best be described as majestic, beautiful, and breathtaking.
The ADON / MDS Coordinator is also responsible for the MDS/RAI process in the facility, including setting of time frames for required assessments, capturing all services provided to ensure appropriate reimbursement and ensuring accurate and timely completion and submission of assessments and MDS.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Assist in the day-to-day functions of the nursing activities in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility
• Ensure that the Nursing staff follows facility policies and procedures in providing care
• Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc. as necessary
• Assist the Director of Nursing in planning the nursing service portion of the residents’ care/discharge plan as necessary
• Participate in surveys made by authorized governmental agencies
• Assist in the admission, transfer, or discharge of residents
• Monitor and report on all accidents/Incidents
• Run-on call as assigned by DON, schedule and facilitate care plan reviews
• Establish and periodically review the residents' written care plans; Participate in the updating of the residents’ care plan as necessary
• Make written or oral reports/recommendations to the Director of Nursing as necessary/required concerning the operation of the Nursing Services Department
• Complete accident and incident reports as necessary
• Encourage attending physicians to review treatment plans, record and sign their orders, progress notes, etc. in accordance with established procedures
• Chart nurses notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident as well as the resident’s response to the care
• Records new/changed diet orders to resident charts, MAR medication cards, and treatment.care plans
• Assure that proper documentation concerning unauthorized discharges is entered in the resident’s medical record in accordance with established procedures
• Report all discrepancies noted concerning physician’s orders, diet change, charting error, etc. to the Director of Nursing
• Perform routine charting duties as required and in accordance with established Charting and Documentation Policies and Procedures.
• Complete all required MDS's and submit timely to state Agency
• May be called in for SCC disaster response
• Colorado State or Compact RN unencumbered license required
• Approved MDS course completion/certification preferred
• Supervisory experience in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other comparable institution
• Strong computer skills and an understanding of the MDS process
• One year as MDS Coordinator experience preferred
• Training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices
• Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities
• Possess a genuine desire to make a positive difference in the quality of care for all patients and residents
• Available to travel to client site and work a flexible full-time weekly schedule
About Galileo Search:
How will YOU benefit when working with Galileo?
• Highly competitive pay rates that are best in the industry -- with weekly direct-deposit
• Generous per diem for incidentals expenses and the housing of your choice if not provided by the client
• Travel expense reimbursement (flights, rental car or mileage) when applicable
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k available
• State License expense reimbursement for endorsement
• Comprehensive insurance coverage
• Short or long-term assignments
• Professional liability insurance coverage
• World-class support before, during and after each assignment
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.