Interim VP / COO Medical Group | Western U.S.
Our client is a nonprofit hospital system consistently recognized for delivering high-quality patient care. The employees are highly supportive of one another and describe the system as having an excellent atmosphere, caring staff, and is a wonderful place to work. The organization consists of multi-site hospitals, a large and complex clinic system, and eight hundred+ providers (primary care, multi-specialty, hospital medicine, and urgent care).
What more can you ask for when you combine unparalleled natural surroundings with an extraordinary variety of events happening during all four seasons? The location couldn’t be more ideal, from a proud local history, cultural events, unique shopping, and restaurants, to an abundance of outdoor adventures and activities. This location provides the perfect backdrop for your next assignment!
• 6 Month Assignment
• Maintaining a culture of trust between administration and providers
• Standardizing processes and operations system-wide
• Demonstrated visibility with the providers and the ability to facilitate smooth communication between clinicians and operating executives through operational transparency
• Empower employees at all levels to be innovative and action-oriented while advancing a culture of accountability with clearly established lines of authority and decision-making
• Work closely with the System President and others on physician manpower plan (medical staff development plan) to continuously identify recruitment opportunities and needs
• Taking ownership/leadership in aligning/recruiting physicians that best fit the organization and needs of the community
• Evaluating and improving current practice operations, policies, and processes while identifying opportunities to standardize clinical operations and integration across the physician/hospital network
• Prepare the hospital for success as reimbursement shifts from volume to value-based care
• Sustain an environment of continuous quality improvement, including the identification of concrete performance measures across clinical, service, financial, operational, management, patient satisfaction, and community functions
• Hardwire responsive and proactive operating processes and systems to meet market pressures and growth
• In collaboration with senior leadership, refine and execute the overall strategy of the medical group, and strengthen/align the business and clinical objectives across the continuum, positioning the hospital and medical group for future sustainability
• Drive process improvements to deliver consistent and standardized daily practice operations designed to improve clinical services, outcomes, patient throughput, and patient safety
• Manage financial performance to ensure the Medical Group is performing to budget goals
• Manage the network integrity of the providers of system referrals to achieve system growth objectives to minimize leakage
• Position requires excellent analytic and communication skills. Strong financial planning skills and knowledge of physician compensation models are essential. Must have familiarity with physician practice management process, hospital operations, electronic medical record systems, and human resources policies
• 5 plus years of experience in a proven leadership role directing and running the day-to-day operations of a large and complex medical practice organization
• Knowledge of the organization dynamics of physician/hospital organizations
• Ability to prioritize and simultaneously manage several projects/issues
• Significant ambulatory experience/physician management experience required
• Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) and/or Six Sigma Lean a plus
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with and influence providers, leaders, and staff at all levels of the organization
About Galileo Search:
How will YOU benefit when working with Galileo?
• Highly competitive pay rates that are best in the industry -- with weekly direct-deposit
• Generous per diem for incidentals expenses and the housing of your choice if not provided by the client
• Travel expense reimbursement (flights, rental car or mileage) when applicable
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k available
• State License expense reimbursement for endorsement
• Comprehensive insurance coverage
• Short or long-term assignments
• Professional liability insurance coverage
• World-class support before, during and after each assignment
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.