Infection Preventionist | RN, MT(ASCP) or MPH | Coastal Florida
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance | Tuition Reimbursement
Just Imagine Avoiding Harsh Winter Cold Forever!
Galileo Search is conducting a national search for an experienced Infection Preventionist for our award-winning Client in Florida. They’ve been listed as a Top Ranked Hospital by US News & World Report and have been recognized for excellence by Becker’s Hospital Review. This is the perfect opportunity to head South before winter sets in. This hospital is only one block from the beach!
From excellent livability ratings, including charming neighborhoods, a diverse population, robust employment, a low cost of living, and nearly perfect weather, to year-round activities that excite and still provide for plenty of relaxation. This area provides easy access to beaches, foodie worthy dining, shopping, arts & cultural events, and professional sporting events, This city has it all! Florida living at its best and an ideal place to put down roots!
The Infection Preventionist is responsible for the effective direction, management, and operation of the infection prevention and control/epidemiology department including education of hospital staff and consultation within the organization and the county and state health departments.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• 450+ Bed Acute Care Hospital
• Partners with a highly experienced Lead Infection Preventionist and reports to a supportive Director of Quality and Infection Prevention
• Responsibilities encompass compliance with TJC standards, CMS, OSHA, and state regulations and outbreak investigation
• Will support a culture of continuous performance improvement and participate in the implementation of evidence-based practices designed to ensure safety, prevent infections, and support the attainment of outstanding clinical outcomes
• Participates in the development and execution of quality initiatives related to infection prevention and control, outbreaks for patients & staff, and ongoing reporting (internal and external)
• Supports medical staff, hospital administration, hospital departments, and committees in executing plans for improvement
• Conducts surveillance to prevent and reduce infection rates throughout the organization
• Participates in Infection Control policy review & development, and annual assessment & priority setting for infection-based priorities
• Conducts reporting of communicable diseases and public reporting of infections as required by state law and regulatory guidelines
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• RN, MT(ASCP) or MPH
• CIC preferred or ability to obtain within 3 years
• Minimum 3 years of experience in acute care infection prevention and control required
Acute Care Hospital
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
Health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, epidemiology, HAI, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, performance measurement, federal regulations, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, procedures, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, RN, Registered Nurse, MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, PhD, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, LTCs, CAHs, acute care, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiology, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, sole practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, HAI, hand hygiene, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, ICRA – Infection Control Risk Assessment, performance measurement, outbreak, investigation, research, disinfection, HLD, GAP analysis, mock survey, sentinel event, communicable, disease, isolation, federal regulations, regulatory, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, rounds, procedures, survey readiness, risk assessment, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, SSI, CAUTI, CLABSI, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, multidrug-resistant organism (MDRO), Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, NHSN, National Healthcare Safety Network, The Joint Commission, TJC, JCAHO, DNV, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, SHEA, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, data mining, statistics, Carefusion MedMined, TheraDoc, Premier SafetySurveillor, AICE, ICNet, Sentri7, RL Solutions IMPro, SafetySurveillor, executive, professional, job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, search, team, leader, leadership, management, advancement, challenge, promotion, growth, resources, support, professional development, Florida, FL