Director of Infection Prevention | Academic Health Care System | Virginia
Ready to Combine Quality of Life and Career?
Our client is a national award-winning, world-class Academic Health Care System and Level I Trauma Facility, consistently recognized for delivering high-quality patient care. This Magnet designated facility provides a supportive environment while utilizing cutting-edge technology to improve patient outcomes and is the local community’s provider of choice for its healthcare needs. They are nationally recognized for translating research discoveries into improvements in clinical care and patient outcomes.
The area hosts numerous museums, art galleries, theaters, recreational parks, and much more. Living here is convenient and desired thanks to amenities like a growing economy, a strong educational system, and a robust arts scene. All of the amenities of a big city are a short car ride away. This is the perfect place for the next step in your career development!
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Reports to a dynamic and supportive Chief of Quality & Performance Improvement
• Provides strategic and operational direction for an integrated approach to the Infection Prevention and Control program
• Will oversee Infection Prevention strategies for a 500+ bed Magnet designated Academic Medical Health System that includes a large Ambulatory and Long-Term Acute Care
• 9 FTEs to include 7 Infection Preventionists and Administrative and data support
• Provides organization-wide leadership and support to assure patient safety through evidence-based practices that reduce infection risk and improve patient outcomes
• Build and support a cohesive team where staff can apply their skills and perspectives to achieve operational goals and drive positive outcomes while supporting the institution, encouraging mutual support and engagement among employees, and actively fostering the development of others
• Advise and consult with leadership and staff as the organization's infection prevention & control subject matter expert on matters related to infection prevention and control including surveillance, epidemiology, outcomes measurement, quality/performance improvement, and employee health
• Will collaborate closely with the construction team during hospital expansion projects
• Coordinates, develops and provides education and educational materials regarding disease transmission and practices for infection prevention and control for all division facilities as needed
• Serves on healthcare committees as the representative for infection prevention and control
• Evaluates the effectiveness of infection prevention programs and recommends changes as needed
• Serves as department liaison with local and state public agencies and the CDC, and seeks their expertise as needed
• Participates in quality improvement and program development activities
• Participates in professional growth activities while assisting in the professional development of others
• Manages the departmental budget
• TheraDoc surveillance and EPIC EMR
• Current RN license required
• Certification in Infection Control (CIC) from the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc.
• Minimum 5 years of directly related infection prevention leadership experience in an acute care hospital or hospital system environment
• Demonstrated ability to oversee operational activities of the Infection Prevention and Control Department while implementing evidence-based guidelines for infection prevention
• Working knowledge of regulatory and accreditation requirements to assure program compliance across a large corporation with multiple sites
• Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form with staff at all levels
• Experience performing Root Cause Analysis and leading performance improvement initiatives
• Strong familiarity with regulatory and accreditation requirements
• Demonstrated skills in strategic planning, evaluating programs and implementing solutions
• Experience with electronic medical record and surveillance software programs for data analysis and presentation
• Proven skills in mentoring and staff development
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.