Senior Director of Revenue Cycle Management | Healthcare | Southwestern Texas
Galileo Search is conducting an executive search for a Senior Director of Revenue Cycle Management. Are you ready to work with a team of committed and dedicated professionals who support each other like family? Our Client is deeply rooted in the community and focused on delivering high-quality healthcare to every patient that comes through their doors.
This multi-cultural paradise offers an amazing cost of living, great schools, and an unparalleled quality of life! This area is booming economically and offers an abundance of arts and culture, friendly locals, and rich local history, providing a formula for personal & professional success!
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Serves as the primary revenue cycle executive liaison to the Senior Leadership Team to develop the strategic direction for all revenue cycle initiatives
• Leads Revenue Cycle strategic plan objectives and operational goal setting and execution through departmental leadership including Patient Access, Financial Counseling, Financial Clearance, Self-Pay Eligibility & Disability, Integrated Health Information Management, Hospital & Physician Coding, Integrated Hospital and Physician Claims and Self-Pay Collections, Customer Service & Revenue Cycle Enhancement, including the PMO, Systems, and Revenue Cycle Training and Performance Monitoring
• Provides leadership and direction to Patient Accounting Department to optimize the patient account flow and reimbursement; developing and implementing policies, procedures and objectives for departments overseen; reviewing department performance, effects, and changes as needed to improve services; and timely update Charge Master with appropriate billing changes
• Provides leadership and direction organizational to the Health Information Management Department to optimize in/outpatient coding
• Develops revenue cycle budgets, financial plans, annual plan, goals, and objectives to support the enterprise financial goals and annual plan commitments
• Leads efforts to improve performance, increase provider satisfaction and improve patient and family experience, as it relates to revenue cycle
• Responsible for compliance with all applicable billing regulations including Hospital Attorney General Agreement, The State Department of Revenue – Revenue Recapture, Affordable Care Act, and Systems Admissions and Treatment Policy
• Manage staff compliance with requirements for CMS, CIHQ, and other regulatory bodies
• Serves as the primary, day-to-day company interface with revenue cycle and business office directors from within the hospital to facilitate the successful adoption and implementation of revenue cycle initiatives
• Provides strategic guidance and analysis of the Revenue Cycle service line
• Balances the short-term perspective required to meet aggressive quarterly and annual goals with the long-term perspective required to explore, over time, shared service models and potential
• Develops and establishes broad scale, long term business objectives, goals, and projects. Develops and formulates performance measures and standards for revenue cycle services
• Regularly provides leadership with revenue cycle business development status including reports, metrics, and presentations
• Develops, monitors, and assesses business metrics to refine processes and improve efficiencies
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
• Conducts interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
• 10 years of direct revenue cycle experience within an acute care hospital setting, as a revenue cycle leader
• Proven knowledge and understanding of upstream revenue cycle functions (scheduling; insurance authorization; pre-registration; financial counseling); Midstream revenue cycle functions (Case management; health information management; clinical coding; clinical documentation improvement; charge capture and revenue integrity; charge description master); Downstream revenue cycle functions (billing and claim submission; self-pay and third-party follow-up; denials and underpayments management; outsourcing vendor management; bundled claims management)
• Ability to write/develop complex documents without significant supervision, including RFP responses, Proposals, Executive-level white papers & presentations, business plans, and financial modeling
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment that requires rapid cycle turnaround, innovative thinking, and high-quality deliverables
• In-depth knowledge of current regulatory, market, and customer trends that are driving revenue cycle innovation
• Broad knowledge of current hospital issues including reimbursement, physician-hospital relationships, and hospital competition
• Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, trends, and information affecting the healthcare revenue cycle
• Possesses an intuitive understanding of the potential synergies and collaborative revenue cycle opportunities that exist for independent hospitals that work together as a single system within revenue cycle functions
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.