Director of Medical Staff Services | Coastal Southeast
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
Galileo Search is actively recruiting for an experienced Director of Medical Staff Services. Our Client is an award-winning, nonprofit health care system based in the coastal Southeast.
Live/Work/Play: This gem of a setting offers a close-knit community of friendly locals, beautiful beaches, foody-worthy restaurants, and an exceptional cost of living for a coastal location. The area is also known for its Victorian-era historic district, centuries-old oak trees, shopping, vast marshlands, and natural, historical attractions.
The surrounding islands offer coastal resorts, national monuments, parks, and superb golf clubs. This outstanding career opportunity, coastal location, and temperate climate make it the perfect spot for the next step in your career; not to mention an exciting new lifestyle!
Responsible for establishing, contributing to, and maintaining continuity in the planning, development, and implementation of standards applicable to the medical staff organization, relating to credentialing, quality, and administrative functions.
Leadership is very engaged and supportive of Medical Staff Director, and work in tandem.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Oversight of the Medical Staff Services Department including statistical reporting, budget management, general department HR functions and the development & implementation of policies, procedures, and by-laws according to TJC and CMS accreditation standards
• 5.5 departmental FTEs – experienced/knowledgeable staff – no backlogs
• 350+ physicians
• Controls the monitoring of procedure-established criteria to ensure that practitioners meet qualifications for eligibility to request and retain specific privileges
• Provides ongoing education to team and Medical Staff Leaders
• Participates in hospital compliance teams in regulatory and accreditation surveys
• Collaborates with key staff on managing an ongoing reporting process that is accurate, timely and action-driven
• Ensures that all governance documents, policies, procedures, rules and regulations are compliant and current
• Protects permanent records by managing a secure record retention process.
• Provides guidance on accreditation, regulatory issues, medico-legal implications, national standards of care, best practices, meeting outcomes, and resolution
• Collaborates, develops, and implements long and short-term goals
• Manages processes related to investigative, disciplinary and legal proceedings, such as fair hearing and appeal
• Responsible for adequate staffing and efficient use of staffing resources
• Establishes standards and analyzes work procedures that promote leading practices and champions innovation
• Responsible for recruiting, training, mentoring, evaluating and disciplining departmental staff
• Cultivates positive interpersonal relationships with the members of the Medical Staff, Medical Staff Leaders and Administrative and ancillary staff
• CPMSM strongly preferred
• 10 years of experience in a hospital medical staff office, ideally with 5 years in a supervisory/managerial capacity
• Peer review process oversight knowledge a plus
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.