Infection Preventionist | RN or MT(ASCP) | Coastal California
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
Galileo Search is conducting a search for an experienced Infection Preventionist with strong collaboration skills and a passion for Infection Prevention education and program development.
Our client is a non-profit, award-winning facility focused on providing the highest standards of quality care and unsurpassed levels of service to help patients achieve the best possible outcomes. The environment is positive with a team atmosphere. The staff and management are genuine professionals who enjoy their work and foster a positive company culture.
The Infection Preventionist reports to the Director of Quality and is responsible for identifying healthcare-associated infection risks to patients and personnel through surveillance, observation, and assessment. Specializes in developing, implementing, monitoring, and reporting infection risk-reduction strategies through collaboration with all levels of medical center personnel. The Infection Preventionist researches and develops infection control policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements, nationally recognized infection control guidelines, and recognized best practices. Will gather and analyze epidemiologic data, develop reports to communicate findings, and manage performance improvement activities to reduce infection risks.
The Infection Preventionist coordinates initial and on-going department-specific and facility-wide educational programs related to infection prevention and control. The Practitioner plans and coordinates programs to evaluate and monitor sterile and aseptic techniques, cleaning and disinfection procedures, and sterilization processes employed by the medical center. Will collaborate with and make recommendations to department leadership to reduce or eliminate potential infection hazards and to initiate corrective action as indicated through infection surveillance and monitoring programs.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Collaborates with the Infection Control Medical Director and Director for Quality and Patient Safety in the design and execution of the Infection Prevention and Control Program
• Responsible for maintaining the Infection Prevention and Control Program Plan
• Directs the surveillance of the facility environment for infection control issues, diseases of epidemiologic significance, outbreaks, etc.
• Collaborates with and make recommendations to department leadership to reduce or eliminate potential infection hazards and to initiate corrective action as indicated
• Responsible for identifying healthcare-associated infection risks to patients and personnel through surveillance, observation, and assessment
• In accordance with county, state and federal laws, notifies the County and/or State Health Department of any reportable diseases and collaborates with hospital leaders to activate appropriate responses to potential infectious disease situations and exposures
• Presents results of surveillance to the Infection Control Committee, according to generally accepted epidemiologic principles; reports surveillance data as required by the local health department, CDPH, CDC, etc.
• Data should be collected using standard surveillance methods, and the interpretation should be stratified in a way that provided useful information for control and prevention of facility-acquired infections; shares data and trends with hospital leaders in order to identify opportunities for continuous improvement
• Researches and develops infection control policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements nationally recognized infection control guidelines and recognized best practices
• Consults with, and makes recommendations to hospital employees regarding isolation procedures, environmental cleaning, handling of infectious waste, disinfection, sterilization and in the selection of equipment
• Acts in a consultative capacity to other health care agencies or providers by assisting in the investigation of the suspect problem, staff development/education, etc.
• The ICP will coordinate initial and on-going department-specific and facility-wide educational programs related to infection prevention and control
• Provides education for hospital employees on the policies, standards, and practices of Infection Prevention relative to their scope of responsibilities
• RN or MT(ASCP)
• CIC highly preferred
• Minimum 3 years of experience in acute care infection prevention and control
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit, and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.