Regional Director Physician Clinic Practice Management | Alaska
Would You Enjoy…
Living and Working in a Beautiful & Peaceful Remote Location; Experiencing The Rich History, Native Cultural Nuances & Traditions of Alaska's Indigenous Communities; Exploring Natural Wonders & Outdoor Adventures
Saying Yes Could Be the Beginning of a Life-Changing Career Move
Galileo Search is conducting a national search for a pioneering Regional Director of Physician Practice for a healthcare system based in majestic rural Alaska. Our client is deeply rooted in the community and focused on delivering high-quality health care to every patient that comes through their door.
Combine a fulfilling career with a living experience that includes enhanced quality of life in a small-town setting with a strong sense of community, and you have a recipe for success. This rural yet vibrant area receives high marks for overall livability and affordability.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Directs administrative and professional staff in the planning, development, and implementation of day-to-day clinic operations; develops administrative policies and procedures that enhance the ability of all staff to optimally perform their duties; facilitates the development of a local management team that meets on a regular basis; and ensures appropriate communication with all staff at all levels
• Functions as the clinic liaison with patients, other departments, private health providers, Native agencies, Tribal governing bodies, city governments, and other appropriate community agencies
• Addresses patient and other consumer concerns; incorporates customer feedback into the development of clinic policies and procedures and planning; and coordinates with local Medical Director to incorporate feedback on clinical services into health care planning
• Implements and monitors objectives consistent with the organizations Strategic Health Plan, Key Performance Indicators, Population Health, HRSA, and The Joint Commission. Utilizes continuous quality improvement tools to address operational issues and adherence to regulatory and accreditation standards. Participates or leads quality improvement initiatives
• Optimizes personnel and financial resources, prepares the annual budget for the clinics collaboratively with senior leadership and ensures efficient delivery of health care services within allotted expense budget
• Facilitates on-going staff development through the proactive identification of training needs, coordinates participation in appropriate Consortium wide training opportunities, identifies and addresses unmet needs through the identification of outside resources or the development and implementation of appropriate activities
• Certification through the American College of Healthcare Executives, Medical Group Management Association, or similar organization is preferred
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in clinic management or other health care administration is required. This experience should include the supervision of professional staff and financial management (includes budget preparation and management)
• In-depth knowledge of clinic practice management including staffing and clinic organization, scheduling, and patient flow
• Working knowledge of the revenue cycle, facilities management, and other infrastructure areas impacting the clinic
• Demonstrated understanding and competence in building trust while working in culturally diverse environments
• Knowledge of TJC, HRSA, CMS, HIPAA, and other governing body regulations
• Knowledge of liability and risk management principles
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.