Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) | Acute Care & Behavioral Hospital | Chicago, IL
Galileo is conducting a search for a Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) for our award-winning healthcare client in Chicago, IL. This high-profile position reports to the Chief Medical Officer and will collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams and oversee and guide the hospital Nursing staff to ensure exemplary care for the patient population of the hospital.
This highly-visible leadership opportunity can expand your career and enhance your lifestyle. Chicago boasts historic neighborhoods combined with the best of modern living. The residents of this area enjoy an active and diverse social and cultural environment. Housing possibilities vary based on your desired location with both city and suburban options. There are a variety of choices for public and private schools, as well as higher education. You can take full advantage of world-class museums, lively shopping districts, a thriving arts community and culture scene, and the various attractions, events, and recreational activities happening throughout the city, every single day.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Brings a strong focus on Operations and Leadership related to Patient Care Services and Nursing best practices
• Identifies and articulates the vision and strategic direction for the development of high-quality nursing care consistent with the hospital's mission, vision, and values
• Creates a nursing environment in which collaboration is valued, and excellence in clinical care and education is promoted and achieved. Takes responsibility for the practice of nursing and ensures consistency in the standard of practice across clinical settings
• Leads quality and patient safety efforts
• Provides leadership and direction in the development of strategies to promote the recruitment, retention, and recognition of excellence in nursing
• Develops organizational patient care programs, policies, and procedures that will enhance how nursing care is assessed, delivered and evaluated
• Manages departmental budget by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities to eliminate non-value costs
• 7 Direct reports, 400 FTEs
• MBA preferred
• Registered Nurse (RN) required
• Strong understanding of Behavioral Health and its patient population required
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.