System Director of Infection Prevention | Midwestern, US
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
Galileo Search is conducting a search for a System Director of Infection Prevention for one of our preferred Clients located in the beautiful Midwestern, US. Are you ready to work for a hospital that has been described by its employees as having an excellent atmosphere, caring staff, and is a wonderful place to work? Our award-winning Client focuses on excellence while providing warm and friendly care to their patients who are considered friends, family, and neighbors.
Combine a fulfilling career move with a captivating local history, excellent cost of living, and the opportunity to enjoy all four seasons. Museums, outdoor activities, local access to the arts, and colorful locals await you in this beautiful jewel of the Midwest!
This high-profile and strategic leadership position is responsible for system-wide Infection Prevention and Epidemiology programs across 9 facilities. The System Director of Infection Prevention will report to the System Vice President of Quality & Safety and will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the quality standards for the work of all facilities and affiliates in collaboration with physician, quality, and infection prevention leadership at each site. May report directly to the CEO and other administrators in regards to infection prevention issues and works closely with the Medical Director of Infectious Disease. Will be responsible for launching a proactive process to acquire information needed to mitigate external and internal threats associated with infectious agents successfully. Will take the lead on setting priorities and organizing the work of Infection Preventionists in partnership with system quality, clinical, and physician leaders. Collaborates with the leadership team to identify and manage system-wide infection prevention and to ensure compliance with established standards of care and regulatory requirements related to Infection Prevention. This position will lead the management of all outbreaks and epidemiologic events in collaboration with designated site experts.
KEY ATTRIBUTES WE ARE SEEKING:
• A strategic minded thinker and leader
• Needs to love to find solutions to problems
• Must take the initiative regarding growth and development for self and team
• Strong leadership ability, training and mentoring
• Ability to build/rebuild an effective department
• Creativity with surveillance a must as the system investigates new software options
• Strong ability to be involved in committees, to create needed committees
• Someone that brings strong expertise to build the bridge with all hospitals within the system and standardize infection prevention policies and procedures
• A self-directed leader with a strong relationship building acumen
• Highly detailed and team-oriented
• Master’s Degree in Epidemiology, Nursing, Public Health, Environmental Health, Health Sciences or a comparable area of study
• RN, MT (ASCP), or MPH
• CIC (Certified Infection Control) required
• 5 years of progressive experience in Infection Prevention
• 3 years of senior-level leadership in a multi-site hospital system
• Must be knowledgeable regarding CDC NHSN data and interpretation
• Possesses demonstrated proficiency in applying research evidence towards clinical decision-making
• Analytical and problem-solving skills necessary for performing epidemiological studies, maintaining accurate data, and developing and implementing processes/systems to address identified issues and improvement opportunities
• Self-directed; able to work effectively and efficiently with multiple interruptions and changing work priorities
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Able to make quality, independent decisions using analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent computer knowledge to include Microsoft Office Suite
Acute Care Hospital System
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit, and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, epidemiology, HAI, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, performance measurement, federal regulations, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, procedures, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, RN, Registered Nurse, MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, PhD, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, LTCs, CAHs, acute care, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiology, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, sole practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, HAI, hand hygiene, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, ICRA – Infection Control Risk Assessment, performance measurement, outbreak, investigation, research, disinfection, HLD, GAP analysis, mock survey, sentinel event, communicable, disease, isolation, federal regulations, regulatory, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, rounds, procedures, survey readiness, risk assessment, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, SSI, CAUTI, CLABSI, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, multidrug-resistant organism (MDRO), Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, NHSN, National Healthcare Safety Network, The Joint Commission, TJC, JCAHO, DNV, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, SHEA, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, data mining, statistics, Carefusion MedMined, TheraDoc, Premier SafetySurveillor, AICE, ICNet, Sentri7, RL Solutions IMPro, SafetySurveillor, executive, professional, job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, search, team, leader, leadership, management, advancement, challenge, promotion, growth, resources, support, professional development, Midwestern, U.S. Illinois, IL, Indiana, IN, Iowa, IA, Kansas, KS, Michigan, MI, Minnesota, MN, Missouri, MO, Nebraska, NE, North Dakota, ND, Ohio, OH, South Dakota, SD, Wisconsin, WI