Interim Infection Preventionist | RN or MT(ASCP) | Washington State
HIGHLY COMPETITIVE PAY | LODGING | RENTAL CAR or MILEAGE | PAID FLIGHTS HOME | WORLD-CLASS SUPPORT
Our client is an award-winning, short-term acute care facility accredited by the TJC. They are committed to creating a culture that values patient safety above all else and is focused on promoting sustainability at every level of the organization.
Located in a town known for its colorful local history, outdoor activities, a strong and vibrant arts community, and both professional and semi-professional sports teams to cheer on. The mountains are within a close drive, allowing adventurer's plenty of options for weekend excursions.
• 3+ month assignment
• Accountable for the clinical, operational, and support activities of the Department of Infection Prevention in accordance with the hospital’s mission, values, and strategic plan
• Ensures multidisciplinary implementation of continuous quality improvement and educational programs which foster actions, beliefs, and responsibility for infection control in each member of the medical center team
• Conducts ongoing surveillance investigation and follow up of infections through review of admission diagnoses, microbiology culture results, isolation orders, patient records, consultation requests, and post-discharge surveillance
• Analyzes trends & risk factors and designs & evaluates prevention and control strategies
• Participates in investigation and reporting of hospital infection outbreaks
• Performs program assessment and makes recommendations for correction and improvement
• Provides a safe healthcare environment for patients by using evidence-based guidelines to prevent HAIs
• Develops prevention and educational strategies for staff, physicians, and patients
• RN or MT(ASCP)
• CIC required
• 5 years of experience in an acute care setting
• Ideally 3 years of experience in acute care infection prevention and control
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Staffing Services, a division of Galileo Search, LLC., is a premier provider of interim healthcare specialists, professionals and executives to acute care hospitals nationwide. To learn more about Galileo Staffing Services, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com.
How will YOU benefit when working with Galileo?
• Highly competitive pay rates that are best in the industry -- with weekly direct-deposit
• Generous per diem for incidentals expenses and the housing of your choice if not provided by the client
• Travel expense reimbursement (flights, rental car or mileage) when applicable
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k available
• State License expense reimbursement for endorsement
• Comprehensive insurance coverage
• Short or long-term assignments
• Professional liability insurance coverage
• World-class support before, during and after each assignment