Interim Pharmacy Director | Hospital | Alabama
The facility is high volume and there are numerous specialty pharmacists. The Interim Director will be supported by a seasoned team of specialty managers to include an operations manager with oversight for day-to-day operations. There will also be some interaction at the system-level, but the Interim Pharmacy Director will be primarily responsible for the flagship hospital. The system also has a 340B Drug Pricing program in place.
The selected Interim Director will step in to provide operational and strategic support while a direct-hire candidate is recruited. The assignment will report to the Vice president of Pharmacy Services. The selected interim will provide leadership and direction to all aspects of pharmacy operations, including staff recruitment, formulary development and maintenance, quality management, regulatory compliance, utilization, and efficiency.
• Licensed or eligible for licensure as a registered pharmacist by the Alabama State Board of Pharmacy
• Director level experience in an acute care hospital setting
• An expert at pharmacy compliance and medications
• Oversight for approximately 82 FTEs
• Experience performing operational assessments and making recommendations for improvement
• Must be willing to travel and work at the facility full-time, Monday – Friday
• Available to start ASAP
About Galileo Search:
How will YOU benefit when working with Galileo?
• Highly competitive pay rates that are best in the industry -- with weekly direct-deposit
• Generous per diem for incidentals expenses and the housing of your choice if not provided by the client
• Travel expense reimbursement (flights, rental car or mileage) when applicable
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k available
• State License expense reimbursement for endorsement
• Comprehensive insurance coverage
• Short or long-term assignments
• Professional liability insurance coverage
• World-class support before, during and after each assignment
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.