Director of Infection Prevention | RN, MT(ASCP) or MPH | Mid-Atlantic Region
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
Galileo Search is conducting an executive search for a Director of Infection Prevention. This is a highly visible, high-profile opportunity with a nationally recognized regional medical center, ranked as one of the top healthcare providers in the country.
Located in a town known for their great school districts and outdoor activities, there are sporting events and cultural events to keep even the most active resident engaged. All of the amenities of a big city are a short car ride away. This is the perfect place for the next step in your career development!
The Director of Infection Prevention oversees the overall Infection Prevention Program, including planning, designing, standardizing, implementing, and coordinating the hospital’s Infection Prevention & Control activities.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Level I, Academic Medical Center accredited by TJC with additional oversight of the Cancer Center, Inpatient Rehab and Clinics
• Reports to a highly supportive System Director of Infection Prevention
• 6 Infection Preventionist FTEs
• Must have a strong ability to lead in a dynamic, ever-changing environment while championing strategic initiatives and organizational priorities to achieve the hospital’s mission and strategic objectives
• Designs, evaluates, analyzes, and presents data and performance metrics
• Maintains the highest degree of competency in the area of infection prevention and prevention and control and epidemiology with strong communication skills and the ability to delegate and prioritize initiatives
• Establishes consistent infection prevention and control practices in accordance with regulatory standards throughout the facility
• Serves as the primary liaison and information resource for the department
• Acts as a subject matter expert and consultant to customers including patients, staff, physicians, and departmental staff to improve infection prevention within the organization
• Manages professional staff, including day-to-day supervision, employee relations, and staff development. Must possess strong education and mentorship skills
• Establishes and maintains effective and responsive relationships with leadership, medical staff, other departments, and key internal and external stakeholders
• Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree preferred
• RN or MT(ASCP) or MPH
• 5 years of experience in acute care infectionprevention and control
• Proven senior-level mnagerial/leadership experience
• Experience with Epic and TheraDoc a plus
Acute Care Hospital
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit, and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, epidemiology, HAI, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, performance measurement, federal regulations, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, procedures, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, RN, Registered Nurse, MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, PhD, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, LTCs, CAHs, acute care, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiology, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, sole practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, HAI, hand hygiene, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, ICRA – Infection Control Risk Assessment, performance measurement, outbreak, investigation, research, disinfection, HLD, GAP analysis, mock survey, sentinel event, communicable, disease, isolation, federal regulations, regulatory, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, rounds, procedures, survey readiness, risk assessment, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, SSI, CAUTI, CLABSI, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, multidrug-resistant organism (MDRO), Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, NHSN, National Healthcare Safety Network, The Joint Commission, TJC, JCAHO, DNV, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, SHEA, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, data mining, statistics, Carefusion MedMined, TheraDoc, Premier SafetySurveillor, AICE, ICNet, Sentri7, RL Solutions IMPro, SafetySurveillor, executive, professional, job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, search, team, leader, leadership, management, advancement, challenge, promotion, growth, resources, support, professional development, Mid-Atlantic, U.S. Delaware, DE, District of Columbia, DC, Maryland, MD, New Jersey, NJ, New York, NY, Pennsylvania, PA, Virginia, VA