Director of Psychiatric Services | RN Required | Greater Seattle Area, WA
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
Galileo Search is representing an outstanding career opportunity in an award-winning, growing hospital system. Our Client is well known for innovation and excellence in providing the highest standard of healthcare to the communities in which they serve.
The health system is expanding its psychiatric program and plans to build a brand-new behavioral health hospital are underway. The Director of Psychiatric Services will have the opportunity to collaborate with design & construction teams during the building of the new facility while also identifying potential areas of new growth and development for psychiatric services and working with leadership teams to gain consensus for change.
Stunning mountain and ocean views and an extraordinary quality of life welcome you to this jewel of the Northwest! This location couldn’t be more ideal, providing excellent schools, a lively arts and culture scene, and an abundance of outdoor adventures and activities!
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Direct supervisory responsibility for Geropsychiatric Inpatient and Outpatient services, Psychiatric Consult Services, the Electroconvulsive Therapy Program, Involuntary Treatment patients throughout the hospital and curriculum to support staff in providing respectful care to all behavioral health patients at the hospital
• Emphasizing service excellence, patient safety, staff safety, and organizational integration, the Director leads the department in overall program development and service priorities
• Creates a professional practice environment for the advancement of the staff on the psychiatric units
• Ensures adherence to Hospital’s and departmental policies and procedures
• Responsible for program development/budgetary planning responsibilities and staff management
• Develops strategic department goals incorporating Medical Center goals
• Selects, trains, supervises, motivates and evaluates staff to ensure maximum utilization of individuals and group capabilities while providing service to internal and external customers
• Identifies, analyses, researches, recommends and plans improvement projects from concept through implementation to help provide safe, cost-effective patient care services
• Develops effective internal controls that promote adherence to applicable state/federal laws, and the program requirements of accreditation agencies and federal, state and private health plans to ensure compliance
• Ensures appropriate use of department resources through clear policies, including equipment, supplies, personnel, hiring/training practices, and services
• Active Washington RN or eligible for reciprocity
• 5 years of progressive management/administrative experience in a Behavioral Health acute care clinical environment
• Proven experience as a subject matter expert in Adult and Geropsychiatry Behavioral Health
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.