Director of Human Resources | Hospital | Alabama
Supportive Executive Leadership Team | Dedicated & Compassionate Staff
Surrounded by Pristine Lakes and only a Short Drive to Majestic Mountain Ranges and the Gulf of Mexico Beaches
Galileo Search, LLC is conducting an exclusive search for an experienced Director of Human Resources.
Our client is an award-winning organization ranked among the Nation’s 100 Top Hospitals based on measures of overall organizational performance, patient care, operational efficiency, and financial stability. They are also recognized nationally among the top 15 Health Systems. The organization credits their success to visionary leadership, a hospital-wide culture of excellence and openness to adopting new technologies and techniques. This highly regarded Level II Trauma Center is TJC Accredited and is well-respected for its deep roots in the community.
Alabama offers colorful autumns, mild winters, and excellent proximity to both beaches and the mountains. Listed as one of the ‘Top 25 U.S. Places for Low Cost of Living’; citizens enjoy keeping more of their income thanks to affordable housing, and low property taxes. The city is filled with historical landmarks, performing arts centers, excellent choices of colleges and schools as well as sporting activities and dining options to keep even the most active resident very happy.
Will develop strong partnerships with clinical, administrative and business leaders. Provide insights into organizational health and effectiveness. Develop plans and assess resources to build high-performance teams that attract and retain key talent. Proven employee relations experience and coaching skills are essential for this position.
This high-profile position reports to a supportive System Vice President of Human Resources and has dotted line reporting to the facility CEO (Chief Executive Officer). There is a staff that consists of 4 FTEs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provides strategic consulting in a variety of Human Resources functional areas such as Workforce Planning, Recruitment, Compensation, Employee Relations, Performance Management, Training & Coaching
• Facilitates communication among superiors and subordinates; provide guidance on problem-solving, dispute resolution, regulatory compliance, and litigation avoidance
• Conducts exit interviews, summarizes findings, and discusses trends and concerns with System Vice President of Human Resources
• Arbitrates employee issues
• Monitors, and audits company policies and procedures and helps to ensure they are kept up to date with governmental regulations and company objectives
• Coaches leadership team in managerial practices to ensure that disciplinary actions and performance reviews are completed properly
• Oversees the development of strategies to reduce turnover and increase employee retention
• Lend Joint Commission assistance in HR Standards
• 5 years of current HR leadership experience in an acute care hospital environment
• Ability to work with senior leadership teams to advance the organization people strategies
• Experience working with state and federal laws and regulations relating to employee relations, employment, compensation, employee benefits, employee health, affirmative action/equal opportunity, employee development and other human resources functions
• Ability to lead and develop others individually and as a team
• PHR or SPHR desirable
• Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills preferred
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.