Interim Infection Preventionist | RN, MT (ASCP) or MPH | CIC | Upstate New York
HIGHLY COMPETITIVE PAY | LODGING | RENTAL CAR or MILEAGE | PAID FLIGHTS HOME | WORLD-CLASS SUPPORT
Our client is a short-term acute care hospital cultivating a culture of quality and providing innovative, cutting-edge healthcare to the community. The staff is supportive of each other, and work as a cohesive unit to provide exceptional care to their patients.
Immerse yourself in the scenic beauty of this beautiful New York location. Offering outdoor adventures, cultural activities, exciting nightlife, excellent shopping and an array of culinary delights, this is the perfect location for your next assignment!
• Assists in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive Infection Prevention and Control Program which effectively reduces infection risks to patients, visitors, and healthcare personnel while maintaining organizational compliance with local and federal agencies and accrediting bodies
• Coordinates with the team to ensure that the Infection Prevention and Control Program meets requirements for compliance with Joint Commission standards, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Conditions of Participation, and all applicable local, state and federal regulations
• Assists in the development and implementation of evidence-based measures to identify, prevent, and control infections acquired in the hospital or brought into the facility from the community
• Coordinates, supervises and evaluates outbreak investigations, implementation of control measures and effectiveness of control measures
• Serves as a consultant regarding the purchase of all equipment and supplies used for sterilization, disinfection and decontamination purposes
• Communicates with federal agencies, local and state health departments, CDC, TJC, OSHA, and other health care organizations regarding new or current regulations, standards, and trends in infection control and prevention
• Assists in meeting the requirements of hospital-acquired infections to federal, state, and pay-for-performance agencies
• Responsible for the reporting of communicable diseases to appropriate public health authority and assists physicians in complying with applicable reportable disease laws
• Serves as a content expert for educational needs related to Infection Prevention and Control for audiences which may include patients, visitors, and healthcare personnel
• Participates in the evaluation of new patient care or other products with infection control implications
• CIC required
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Staffing Services, a division of Galileo Search, LLC., is a premier provider of interim healthcare specialists, professionals and executives to acute care hospitals nationwide. To learn more about Galileo Staffing Services, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com.
How will YOU benefit when working with Galileo?
• Highly competitive pay rates that are best in the industry -- with weekly direct-deposit
• Generous per diem for incidentals expenses and the housing of your choice if not provided by the client
• Travel expense reimbursement (flights, rental car or mileage) when applicable
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k available
• State License expense reimbursement for endorsement
• Comprehensive insurance coverage
• Short or long-term assignments
• Professional liability insurance coverage
• World-class support before, during and after each assignment
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.