Infection Prevention Director | Greater New York City Area
Galileo Search is conducting an executive search for an Infection Prevention Director for our award-winning Client in New York. The organization fosters teamwork in an environment that encourages learning and growing as a professional while providing the highest quality of healthcare.
This area is known for its stunning architecture, local access to the arts, a vibrant music scene, exceptional restaurants, and outstanding shopping. A chance to grow your career and expand your interests!
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Leads the overall day-to-day operations of the department, as well as infection prevention and control educational programs and activities, and monitors the overall effectiveness of the programs
• Identifies potential problems affecting the quality of service or safety and health and recommends service and process improvement initiatives utilizing cost-effective solutions and enhancements
• Partners with senior leadership and other key stakeholders to define the strategic direction and operational plan for advancing infection prevention and control programs, ensuring alignment with the System’s mission, values, and business goals
• Conducts ongoing review of existing infection prevention and control policies and standard operating procedures to identify gaps or discrepancies and implement revisions, as necessary
• Consults with appropriate staff and/or Labor Relations, as required, in the formulation and evaluation of policies, procedures, and activities pertaining to patient care infection control measures
• Serves as a principal advisor and key resource on all matters pertaining to infection prevention and control, outbreak management, relevant regulatory requirements and other factors relating to clinical excellence
• Monitors, compiles with and reviews infection surveillance data and records, and presents key findings to the Infection Control Committee and other appropriate parties and collaborates with staff to create strategies and recommends for interventions, appropriate control measures and/or methods of prevention
• Investigates, analyzes, and documents incidents of infection, and promptly reports communicable diseases and any unusual outbreaks of infections to all appropriate agencies
• Makes recommendations for action plans for the prevention of outbreaks, and to determine containment and control measures to foster a culture of safety for patients, staff, and visitors
• Prepares and/or actively participates in the development of the fiscal year budget and allocation of funds for infection prevention and control activities
• Ensures operations run within budgetary guidelines, reviews budget requests for services and monitors expenses and purchases
• Conducts research and studies to identify and analyze trends in infection prevention and control, risk factors, and disease patterns
• May participate in special studies designed to identify unusual potential epidemic situations and trends or evolving industry standards
• Provides education and information on infection and disease prevention and control techniques and practices to clinical and non-clinical staff, community members, patients, and caregivers
• Participates in internal/external quality assurance/performance improvement (QA/PI) activities, programs, training, and relevant health care events
• Ensures ongoing compliance and maintenance of policies and procedures with national standards and other applicable external regulatory requirements guidelines and accreditation authorities, as well as infection prevention and control standards
• CIC required (Certified Infection Control)
• Experience in an administrative, managerial or supervisory capacity, in the development of infection prevention and control programs, analysis and reporting of healthcare-associated infections, and other related infection prevention and control functions in a hospital or health care setting
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required; Master’s Degree preferred
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.