Vice President, Chief Operating Officer (COO) | Medical Group | Health System | New England
Galileo Search is conducting an executive search for a VP/Chief Operating Officer for one of our preferred Client hospitals in the New England area. Our Client is deeply rooted in the community and focused on delivering high-quality healthcare to every patient that comes through their door.
Combine a fulfilling career with a living experience that includes enhanced quality of life in a town with a strong sense of community, and you have a recipe for success. This vibrant area receives high marks for housing and overall livability; you will find this to be the perfect location for your next career opportunity!
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Maintaining a culture of trust between administration and providers
• Demonstrated visibility with the providers and the ability to facilitate smooth communication between clinicians and operating executives through operational transparency
• Empower employees at all levels to be innovative and action-oriented while advancing a culture of accountability with clearly established lines of authority and decision-making
• Work closely with the CEO and others on physician manpower plan (medical staff development plan) to continuously identify recruitment opportunities and needs
• Taking ownership/leadership in aligning/recruiting physicians that best fit the organization and needs of the community
• Evaluating and improving current practice operations, policies, and processes while identifying opportunities to standardize clinical operations and integration across the physician/hospital network
• Prepare the hospital for success as reimbursement shifts from volume to value-based care
• Sustain an environment of continuous quality improvement, including the identification of concrete performance measures across clinical, service, financial, operational, management, patient satisfaction, and community functions
• Hardwire responsive and proactive operating processes and systems in order to meet market pressures and growth
• In collaboration with senior leadership, refine and execute the overall strategy of the medical group, and strengthen/align the business and clinical objectives across the continuum, positioning the hospital and medical group for future sustainability
• Drive process improvements to deliver consistent and standardized daily practice operations designed to improve clinical services, outcomes, patient throughput, and patient safety
• Manage financial performance to ensure the Medical Group is performing to budget goals
• Manage the network integrity of the providers of system referrals to achieve system growth objectives to minimize leakage
• 10 years experience in progressive leadership roles in a multi-specialty group practice, PHO or IPA or within an integrated health system
• Experience working collaboratively with community-based providers is required
• Demonstrated leadership accomplishments in the overall improvement of financial and operational performance of a healthcare organization
• Successful track record of redesigning practice management systems and aligning incentives that have diminished silos and helped improve the performance across clinical specialties
• Knowledge and experience with Lean/Six Sigma in a physician practice setting
• Financial management and business development, as well as P&L experience managing a multi-site medical group
• Experience in a value-driven organization, demonstrating high levels of quality/clinical outcomes, service, productivity, and efficient operations
• Experience with IT systems; electronic health records (EHR) and computerized physician order entry (CPOE).
• Ability to assist the health system in making key IT-related decisions impacting physician practices
• A successful track record of acting as a change agent within an organization
• Strong business acumen, quality, and metrics orientation
• Financially astute and highly experienced in using, developing and implementing benchmarks and other tools that improve operating, financial and service performance
• Exceptional physician relations skills and experience working collaboratively with employed or private medical groups
• Knowledge of national physician practice trends, policies, and issues affecting physician practices
• Familiarity with risk, managed care, capitation, ACO development, and population health management
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.