Infection Prevention Director | System-Level | Mid-Atlantic, US
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
Let the experts at Galileo Search represent you in negotiating the most competitive comp, bonus, and relo package
Are you ready to work with a team that strikes an incredible balance between extraordinary patient care and unrivaled compassion? Our Client is a nationally recognized, award-winning healthcare system operating with a solid focus on providing high-quality, innovative healthcare.
The system is in an ideal location to live, play, and work while advancing your career! A rich history and friendly locals combine with excellent schools, plenty of recreational activities, and the opportunity to experience all four seasons in this beautiful location.
The Director will report to the AVP of Quality and will be responsible for Infection Prevention activities at three acute care hospitals. In this high-profile role, the Director will implement and oversee a coordinated system-wide Infection Prevention and Control program specific to the hospital setting, population served, and the continuum of care. This includes leading a team of Infection Prevention specialists in the prevention and surveillance of HAIs, performance improvement, outbreak management, disinfection/sterilization, and product selection.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Prioritizes, coordinates and delegates ongoing surveillance of hospital patients to identify epidemiologically import infections through established criteria
• Reviews evidenced-based literature to ensure policies and procedure are in line with current best practices, standards, and regulations
• Ensures compliance with regulatory and accrediting agencies
• Coordinates needed epidemic investigations according to publish health, CMS, TJC and CDC standards
• Ensures the identification and monitoring for healthcare associated infections is conducted systematically as deemed appropriate by the Infection Prevention and Control Committee
• Reviews the analysis and interpretation of collected data for reporting monthly, quarterly, and annually to key stakeholders
• Confirms concurrent tracking and trending of resistant organisms or other organisms identified by the Infection Prevention and Control Committee
• Ensures that there is a planned and systematic process to monitoring evaluation of the quality and appropriateness of care provided by the department; implements corrective action as necessary
• Coordinates and monitors reporting of pertinent information to the State and Local Health Departments and CDC according to each agency's respective protocol
• Provides consultation on Infection Prevention and Control issues throughout the hospital
• Educates members of the healthcare team on patient safety and principles of HAIs, transmission, and general epidemiology
• Coordinates and assesses the need for formal and internal education programs regarding Infection Prevention and Control as appropriate for all departments
• Ensures that regular assessment is completed to identify education needs and that the appropriate education is provided to staff, patients, and visitors
• Develops and oversees the annual departmental budget
• Bachelor's degree in an appropriate healthcare field including microbiology, nursing, medical technology or epidemiology, Master’s degree preferred
• Active RN or MT(ASCP) or MPH
• CIC required
• 5 years of experience in acute care infection prevention and control to include IP Program leadership
Acute Care Hospital System
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at: www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, epidemiology, HAI, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, performance measurement, federal regulations, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, procedures, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, RN, Registered Nurse, MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, PhD, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, LTCs, CAHs, acute care, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiology, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, sole practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, HAI, hand hygiene, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, ICRA – Infection Control Risk Assessment, performance measurement, outbreak, investigation, research, disinfection, HLD, GAP analysis, mock survey, sentinel event, communicable, disease, isolation, federal regulations, regulatory, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, rounds, procedures, survey readiness, risk assessment, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, SSI, CAUTI, CLABSI, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, multidrug-resistant organism (MDRO), Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, NHSN, National Healthcare Safety Network, The Joint Commission, TJC, JCAHO, DNV, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, SHEA, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, data mining, statistics, Carefusion MedMined, TheraDoc, Premier SafetySurveillor, AICE, ICNet, Sentri7, RL Solutions IMPro, SafetySurveillor, executive, professional, job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, search, team, leader, leadership, management, advancement, challenge, promotion, growth, resources, support, professional development, Mid-Atlantic, U.S. Delaware, DE, District of Columbia, DC, Maryland, MD, New Jersey, NJ, New York, NY, Pennsylvania, PA, Virginia, VA