Infection Preventionist | Team Member | Where Southern Charm Meets the Sea
Experience Southern Hospitality with a Seaside Setting
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
Galileo Search is actively recruiting for an experienced acute care Infection Preventionist. Our Client is an award-winning, nonprofit health care system based in the coastal Southeast.
Live/Work/Play: This gem of a setting offers a close-knit community of friendly locals, beautiful beaches, foody-worthy restaurants, and an exceptional cost of living for a coastal location. The area is also known for its Victorian-era historic district, centuries-old oak trees, shopping, vast marshlands, and natural, historical attractions.
The surrounding islands offer coastal resorts, national monuments, parks, and superb golf clubs. This outstanding career opportunity, coastal location, and temperate climate make it the perfect spot for the next step in your career; not to mention an exciting new lifestyle!
The Infection Preventionist performs surveillance, data collection, analysis, and data disseminating results and implements and evaluates infection prevention control measures in collaboration with the Manager, Infection Prevention. The department is further guided by a highly supportive System Director of Quality Management.
• The position will work closely with the Infection Prevention Manager and System Director of Quality Management
• Coordinates with clinicians and administrators to improve patient and systems-level outcomes and reduce HAIs and related adverse events
• Monitors compliance with mandates of accrediting and regulatory agencies related to practices associated with the prevention and control of healthcare-associated infections
• Monitors and benchmarks healthcare-acquired infection rates to implement quality improvement activities designed to improve patient outcomes
• Utilizes accurate methodology in the selection, risk adjustment, and analysis of indicators
• Promotes awareness of the Health System’s compliance with all legal and accreditation standards and other guidelines and recommendations that pertain to the appropriate practice of infection control
• Collaborates and provides liaison with local and state health departments for reporting of communicable diseases and other related conditions and assists with control of infectious diseases in the community
• Works collaboratively with the Team Member Health program to reduce the incidence of communicability of infections between patients, staff and other healthcare workers
• Intervenes directly to prevent transmission of infection by the identification and implementation of control measures during outbreaks or clusters of infectious diseases
• Provides educational programs in infection prevention and control to healthcare workers
• Participates in hospital orientation
• In collaboration with the Manager, Infection Prevention and other department leaders, monitors sterilization, disinfection and sanitation processes
• Associate's degree from an accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred
• Current RN required
• Certification as an Infection Control Practitioner (CIC) required within 12 months of hire
• 3 years of acute care healthcare experience
• Previous infection control experience preferred
• Must be able to plan, develop, implement and evaluate programs
• Knowledge and experience in the practice of epidemiological principles and infectious disease as they relate to infection control, including sterilization, disinfection and sanitation processes
• Demonstrated knowledge of patient care management, principles of asepsis, microbiology, pathology, immunology, and medical statistics or biostatistics
• Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory, accrediting, and advisory body requirements, performance improvement processes
• Ability to assume a leadership role in the implementation of strategies designed to prevent and control healthcare-associated infections
Acute Care Hospital
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, epidemiology, HAI, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, performance measurement, federal regulations, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, procedures, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, RN, Registered Nurse, MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, PhD, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, LTCs, CAHs, acute care, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiology, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, sole practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, HAI, hand hygiene, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, ICRA – Infection Control Risk Assessment, performance measurement, outbreak, investigation, research, disinfection, HLD, GAP analysis, mock survey, sentinel event, communicable, disease, isolation, federal regulations, regulatory, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, rounds, procedures, survey readiness, risk assessment, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, SSI, CAUTI, CLABSI, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, multidrug-resistant organism (MDRO), Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, NHSN, National Healthcare Safety Network, The Joint Commission, TJC, JCAHO, DNV, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, SHEA, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, data mining, statistics, Carefusion MedMined, TheraDoc, Premier SafetySurveillor, AICE, ICNet, Sentri7, RL Solutions IMPro, SafetySurveillor, executive, professional, job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, search, team, leader, leadership, management, advancement, challenge, promotion, growth, resources, support, professional development, Southeast, U.S. Alabama, AL, Arkansas, AR, Florida, FL, Georgia, GA, Kentucky, KY, Louisiana, LA, Mississippi, MS, North Carolina, NC, South Carolina, SC, Tennessee, TN, Virginia, VA, West Virginia, WV