Interim Infection Preventionist | Immediate Need | Kentucky
HIGHLY COMPETITIVE PAY | LODGING | RENTAL CAR or MILEAGE | PAID FLIGHTS HOME | WORLD-CLASS SUPPORT
We have an immediate interim opportunity for an experienced Infection Preventionist. Our client is a non-profit, award-winning, short term acute care facility focused on providing cutting edge, high-quality care. The staff says that it’s a great place to work and the management team provides a very supportive environment and encourages continuing education.
The hospital is in a city on the move, with world-class amenities like performing arts, great sports, and incredible dining. Whether you are a history buff, a lover of a variety of music, or a wine (or bourbon) connoisseur, you will find it all in this beautiful city with a small-town feel.
• 3+ Month Assignment
• Team Member
• Conducts ongoing surveillance investigation and follow up of infections through review of admission diagnoses, microbiology culture results, isolation orders, patient records, consultation requests, and post-discharge surveillance
• Analyzes trends & risk factors and designs & evaluates prevention and control strategies
• Participates in investigation and reporting of hospital infection outbreaks
• Performs program assessment and makes recommendations for correction and improvement
• Provides a safe healthcare environment for patients by using evidence-based guidelines to prevent HAIs
• Active RN – Kentucky or multistate highly preferred or MT(ASCP)
• CIC required
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in an acute care setting
• Ideally three years of experience in acute care infection prevention and control
• A Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Staffing Services, a division of Galileo Search, LLC., is a premier provider of interim healthcare specialists, professionals and executives to acute care hospitals nationwide. To learn more about Galileo Staffing Services, visit our website at: www.galileosearch.com.
How will YOU benefit when working with Galileo?
• Highly competitive pay rates that are best in the industry -- with direct-deposit
• Generous per diem for housing of your choice and incidentals expenses
• Travel expense reimbursement (flights, rental car or mileage)
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k available
• State License expense reimbursement for endorsement
• Comprehensive insurance coverage
• Short or long-term assignments
• World-class support before, during and after each assignment
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
Interim, Temp, Temporary, Consulting, Consultant, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, job, jobs, career, careers, employment, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, epidemiology, HAI, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, performance measurement, federal regulations, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, procedures, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, RN, Registered Nurse, MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, PhD, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, LTCs, CAHs, acute care, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiology, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, sole practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, HAI, hand hygiene, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, ICRA – Infection Control Risk Assessment, performance measurement, outbreak, investigation, research, disinfection, HLD, GAP analysis, mock survey, sentinel event, communicable, disease, isolation, federal regulations, regulatory, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, rounds, procedures, survey readiness, risk assessment, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, SSI, CAUTI, CLABSI, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, multidrug-resistant organism (MDRO), Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, NHSN, National Healthcare Safety Network, The Joint Commission, TJC, JCAHO, DNV, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, SHEA, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, data mining, statistics, Carefusion MedMined, TheraDoc, Premier SafetySurveillor, AICE, ICNet, Sentri7, RL Solutions IMPro, SafetySurveillor, executive, professional, job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, search, team, leader, leadership, management, advancement, challenge, promotion, growth, resources, support, professional development, Kentucky, KY