Director of Surgical Services | Idaho
Are you ready to work in a hospital whose administration makes you feel welcome while providing a small, home-like atmosphere? Our client is an award-winning facility that employs a team of professionals dedicated to optimizing the quality of life for their patients.
This location combines the diversity and vibrancy of a big city with the ease and security of small-town life. A community rich with culture, education, shopping, and year-round outdoor recreational opportunities, this location provides the optimal work and life balance.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Oversees 4 ORs, Sterile Processing, Same Day, PACU, and Infusion Therapy
• Responsible for the development, implementation, management, and evaluation of the department finances, including but not limited to Capital and Operational Budget
• Ensures the continuing daily functions of the department in a safe, respectful and progressive manner, including surgical processes, policy and procedures, and education
• Leads and mentors the Quality process in Surgical Services and fosters shared governance within the department
• Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities and ensures regulatory compliance
• Promotes a culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, reporting, documentation, and prevention
• Maintains competency and knowledge of current standards of practice, trends, and developments in the related scope of job role or practice
• Maintains compliance with the organization’s policies, as well as established practices, protocols, and procedures of the position, department, and applicable professional standards
• Will participate in or delegate appropriate participation in all performance improvement teams, medical staff committees and work teams
• Minimum of five (5) years of acute care clinical nursing management experience
• Minimum of three (3) years of Director level leadership experience in Surgical Services
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required; Master’s degree preferred
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.