Director of Clinical Education | RN Required | Philadelphia, PA
Galileo Search is representing an excellent opportunity for an experienced and motivated Director of Education who consistently seeks personal challenge and professional rewards. Our Client offers a unique environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance. The staff is close-knit and supportive, and you will be guided by charismatic leaders who will inspire you to achieve the extraordinary.
In a region steeped in history, residents have access to art and cultural activities, shopping, amazing dining options, and a unique blend of nightlife to enjoy. Excellent schools, a stable housing market and an affordable cost of living are just a few things that draw people to this location.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Develop short-term and long-term educational goals/objectives based on a department's specific needs
• Develop an Annual Education Plan and prepare an evaluation
• Provide continuing education related to the care of Adults and/or other age groups
• Assist Department Managers in developing and implementing job-specific competencies
• Maintain education information for regulatory agency review
• Compile and maintain an accurate and complete education record on each employee
• Investigate and plan in-services for new techniques, practices, equipment, and products
• Develop/implement in-house CPR Program, i.e. ACLS, BLS, Heartsaver
• Develop and update Education Department Policies and Procedures
• Report Education Statistics to the Quality Council and Environment of Care Committee
• Serve as a consultant to the Hospital Quality Council and function as a supervisor for the Electronic Medical Record system
• Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) preferred
• Minimum two years of experience as a clinical preceptor or management experience required
• Minimum of five years of experience in an acute care Medical/Surgical and/or ICU/CCU setting required
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or other healthcare related field required; Master’s degree preferred
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.