Tumor Registry Coordinator | Florida’s Beautiful Atlantic Coast
Galileo is conducting a state-wide search for an experienced and certified Tumor Registry Coordinator. This opportunity is ideal for a conscientious, detail-oriented, self-starter, who has expertise in cancer data and medical terminology. Our client is an innovative tertiary and community hospital system in Florida. The facilities have been consistently recognized among the top hospitals for working families and for clinical excellence, ranking them in the top percentile for hospitals nationally in clinical outcomes.
Like so many of Florida’s destinations, many of the things that make them a great vacation destination also make them a great place to live. This metro area is no exception. Residents can enjoy boating, fishing, car races, museums, theaters, performing arts centers, antique markets, restaurants, and malls. There is also quick access to adjoining towns and communities with a wide variety of living choices, schools, and colleges.
• Responsible for coordinating the care and services and facilitating timely access to quality health and psychosocial care through the cancer care continuum
• Organize and maintain an efficient Tumor Registry by assuring accurate abstracting, data entry and data submission of all new cases of cancer diagnosed and/or treated by system and system affiliates, and coordinates the completion of annual life-time follow-up on all patients
• Supervises Registry staff including hiring, evaluating performance, and scheduling
• Provides leadership for the development and coordinates the annual review of policies & procedures
• Assists in documentation and submission of required information for Centers of Excellence, QOPI, ACRO, and others as required
• Coordinates with the Florida Cancer Data System (FCDS) state reporting system for timely abstract and report submission
• Minimum of 2 - 5 years in an automated Tumor Registry, with 2 - 3 years at the supervisory/management level
• METRIQ Oncology Registry Data Management experience a plus
• Excellent computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office Products, and various Electronic Medical Record and Abstracting Software for reporting purposes
• BA in Medical Informatics preferred
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.