Area Director of Infection Prevention | RN & CIC Required | Travel Position
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program
Candidates that currently reside in any of the following states preferred: TN, WV, VA, KY, Al, GA, NC, SC, OH, IN, IL, MO, KS, AR, IA, WI, MI or surrounding states
Galileo Search is conducting an executive search for an Area Director of Infection Prevention. Our client is a nationwide, award winning, transitional care system focused on providing the highest quality of care and ensuring patients receive the right care for the right duration to support shorter lengths of stay and ongoing wellness.
The organization is located in a city on the move, with world-class amenities like performing arts, great sports, and incredible dining. Yet, it still exudes hospitality, warmth and smaller-city advantages like shorter commutes, lower cost of living, and higher quality of life.
• Director will lead and manage the infection prevention and employee health practices for multi-site facilities to include acute care hospitals and Long-Term Acute Care facilities
• Develops short-term and long-term area hospital infection control goals and policies & procedures based on identified needs through the hospitals’ Quality Councils, annual assessments, and specific infection control and employee health needs
• Responsible for the surveillance and detection of area hospital acquired and community infections
• Has functional oversight of the Infection Control Practitioners and Employee Health Nurses of the designated area
• Manages the planning, coordination, and teaching of infection control related education for the identified area hospitals
• Collaborates closely with the area hospital CEOs/Administrators, CCOs, CFOs, District and Regional Offices
• Local, regional and some national travel; up to 80% - MUST be available and flexible to travel as needed
• Due to the travel requirements, candidates must live within a short driving distance to a major airport. By major airport we mean a large metropolitan city airport - this is to avoid the need for numerous connecting flights when using a smaller local or regional airports and long drives to and from the airport
• Active RN required
• CIC required
• Minimum 5 years of clinical experience in all aspects of infection control services; Minimum of 2 years of experience in healthcare management
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required; Master’s degree preferred
Nationwide Healthcare System
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at: www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
Health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, epidemiology, HAI, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, performance measurement, federal regulations, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, procedures, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, RN, Registered Nurse, MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, PhD, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, LTCs, CAHs, acute care, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiology, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, sole practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, HAI, hand hygiene, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, ICRA – Infection Control Risk Assessment, performance measurement, outbreak, investigation, research, disinfection, HLD, GAP analysis, mock survey, sentinel event, communicable, disease, isolation, federal regulations, regulatory, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, rounds, procedures, survey readiness, risk assessment, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, SSI, CAUTI, CLABSI, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, multidrug-resistant organism (MDRO), Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, NHSN, National Healthcare Safety Network, The Joint Commission, TJC, JCAHO, DNV, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, SHEA, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, data mining, statistics, Carefusion MedMined, TheraDoc, Premier SafetySurveillor, AICE, ICNet, Sentri7, RL Solutions IMPro, SafetySurveillor, executive, professional, job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, search, team, leader, leadership, management, advancement, challenge, promotion, growth, resources, support, professional development