Infection Control Coordinator – Team Member | RN, MT(ASCP) or MPH | Atlanta
Our client is an award-winning, a fully accredited facility focused on not only delivering high-quality care but also on providing educational programs and outpatient care to ensure continued wellness. They have been consistently recognized for excellence in healthcare and consistently provide cutting-edge care.
Welcome to Atlanta Georgia! From sweet tea to the home of the Tony Award-winning Alliance Theatre, the western hemisphere’s largest indoor aquarium, Stone Mountain, and the Chattahoochee River. Looking for a great quality of life, affordable housing, low cost of living, excellent schools, moderate climate and lots of local amenities? The Greater Atlanta area is rich in cultural opportunities, sporting events, world-class restaurants, outdoor activities, prime shopping venues to include a thriving economy.
• Assists in the continuing development, implementation, evaluation, and modification of the hospital and clinic Infection Control Programs
• Coordinates activities to identify and reduce the risks of acquiring and transmitting infections in assigned focus areas
• Tasks include problem identification and management, data and information collection, analysis and management, improvement processes, policy/procedure management, outcome evaluation, and education
• Communicates with the CDC, state, and county health departments, other health agencies, medical facilities, and practitioners for reporting and investigation of infectious disease cases/clusters, required agent and disease case reports
• Coordinates the development and periodic review of Infection Control related standards, policies, procedures, practices and guidelines for assigned focus areas including infection surveillance, isolation/precautions, prevention, and control in accordance with state, federal, and organizational guidelines
• Communicates with all staff regarding the interpretation and enforcement of and compliance with Infection Control Program policies, practices, and procedures
• Analyzes data to recognize potentially important relationships or patterns of infection and to detect significant variations in processes or outcomes
• Ensures confidentiality, security, and integrity of data and information are maintained
• Prepares reports on infection control activities and improvement processes to meet organizational needs and comply with applicable regulations
• Recommends changes in information systems hardware and software to improve internal and external reporting and data storage capabilities
• Reviews and makes recommendations regarding selection of products related to infection prevention and control and current professional, industry and community standards and practices
• Conducts patient care practice and environmental rounds and recommends corrective action to administrative and management staff
• Collaborates with Employee Occupational Health Services to identify and reduce the risks of acquiring and transmitting infections among staff
• Serves as the department liaison to individuals, programs, committees, functions, facilities, schools, industry, agencies, and associations
• Plans, conducts, and documents formal and informal educational activities pertaining to infection control
• Updates infection control materials used in the orientation of Nursing staff
• Reviews, recommends, and maintains infection control educational materials in the Learning Resource Center
• CIC (Certified Infection Control) highly preferred or ability to obtain within the first year of employment
• Minimum of two plus years of infection prevention experience in an acute care hospital required
• Bachelor's Degree required; Master’s degree preferred
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.