Senior Director of Practice Finance | Healthcare System | Maine
Galileo Search is conducting a search for Senior Director of Practice Finance for one of our preferred Client hospitals Maine. Our Client is deeply rooted in the community and focused on delivering high-quality healthcare to every patient that comes through their doors.
Combine a fulfilling career move with a living experience that includes an enhanced quality of life in a town with a strong sense of community, and you have a recipe for success. This vibrant area receives high marks for housing and overall livability; you will find this to be the perfect location for your next career move!
The Senior Director will provide financial leadership and coordination of the medical practice group’s financial strategies, reporting and policy. Will work in concert with the Chief Physician Executive and Vice President of Operations, Administration, to ensure that the practice’s strategic initiatives are financially sound, its ongoing operational performance is reported timely and monitored rigorously for improvement opportunities impacting financial performance.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Oversee production and coordinate provision of ongoing periodic dashboards and reporting
• Ensure that reporting is comprehensible and actionable by leadership and management also timely, accurate, efficiently produced
• Lead performance analysis of the Group’s finances to contribute strategic insight and participate in leadership action planning based on financial results
• Provide consideration of programmatic and growth initiatives, including analyses and refinement of pro forma financial statements
• Assess alternative reimbursement models and contractual negotiations
• Participate with senior leaders in the creation and administration of physician compensation programs
• Produce analyses which demonstrate the impact of changes in compensation policy
• Direct the production of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of physician productivity and compensation reporting
• Direct the completion of all annual productivity and compensation surveys with which the organization participates
• Collaborate with risk management to ensure that all aspects of programs are compliant and mitigate regulatory risk
• Lead budget efforts, including collaborating with executive and financial leadership on the parameters and goals of each annual budget
• Assume primary responsibility for the preparation of the budget, working collaboratively with the VP Finance, the VP Practice Operations and others, and oversee the overall work in constructing the budget
• Lead any off-cycle budget reforecasts
• Coordinate production and analysis of any proforma’s or other financial forecasts
• Support finance team and its VP Finance in preparation and review of financial statements, periodic closings, analysis and other requests for support
• Knowledge of Accounts Receivable (A/R) management, coding, Medicare & Medicaid regulations, payor contracting, and billing & collections
• Knowledge of credentialing, and regulatory compliance
• Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) certification a plus
• A Bachelors Degree preferably in Accounting/Finance, Business, or Healthcare Management; Masters Degree preferred
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.