Director of Risk Management | Hospital | Northern Virginia
Galileo Search is conducting an executive search for Director of Risk Management for our award-winning Client, a nationally recognized acute care facility.
Close to our nation’s capital; this area’s storied history extends back to the founding of our country. The area hosts numerous museums, art galleries, theaters, recreational parks, and much more. This is the perfect place for the next step in your career development!
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Promotes an environment of risk awareness and promotes risk reduction
• Maintains a clear understanding of exposures and potential risks
• Reviews, codes, and investigates occurrence reports; recommends corrective actions based on individual reports or trends
• Provides quality assurance and peer review referrals as appropriate
• Provides in-service education on risk management topics, both standard basic education and complex focused topics as needed and/or requested
• Reviews and analyzes all occurrence reports for risk management, quality of care, regulatory, and insurance concerns
• Keeps abreast of appropriate regulatory requirements related to risk management
• Minimum 3 years of experience in acute care risk management experience required
• Ability to communicate with medical and hospital personnel at all organizational levels
• Knowledge of patient care evaluation methodology, including criteria development and data analysis techniques
• Knowledge of data display and statistics
• Continuous Quality Improvement experience desired
• Bachelor's Degree required
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.