Director of Surgical Services | West Texas
Galileo Search is searching for a Director of Surgical Services. Are you ready to work with a team of committed and dedicated professionals who support each other like family? Our Client is deeply rooted in the community and focused on delivering high-quality healthcare to every patient that comes through their doors.
This multi-cultural paradise offers an amazing cost of living, great schools, low crime rates, and an unparalleled quality of life! This area is booming economically and offers an abundance of arts and culture, friendly locals, and a rich local history, providing a formula for personal & professional success!
Responsible and accountable for the delivery of safe, effective, direct and indirect, patient-family centered care through the continuum of perioperative care to include outpatient surgery unit; preoperative unit; operating room; post-anesthesia care unit; sterile processing department; and anesthesia services. Manages staff members in the Sterile Processing, Ambulatory Surgery, Surgery, and PACU departments. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities. Formulates budget for the department. Provides oversight of OR, Cath Lab, and Anesthesiology.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provides operational and fiscal oversight of perioperative services
• Verifies that perioperative staff provide safe and effective patient-centered care
• Evaluates practice and creates strategies to improve staff performance
• Verifies that educational resources are available for perioperative services team and holds staff accountable for compliance with established standards
• Coordinates, facilitates, and manages change within perioperative services
• Demonstrates effective communication, consultation, negotiation, and collaboration skills with members of the perioperative team and other stakeholders
• Collects and analyzes data related to quality or performance improvement projects that apply to perioperative services
• Facilitates or serves as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning perioperative patient care
• Evaluates perioperative staff performance.
• Assesses and conveys to perioperative staff the political climate within the organization.
• Coordinates with team to verify that appropriate staff, equipment, and supplies are available
• Ensures departmental compliance with organizational policies, procedures, regulatory, and accreditation standards
• Provides guidance, support, and constructive feedback to perioperative team members
• Assesses and responds appropriately to organizational culture
• Serves as a patient advocate and maintains privacy and confidentiality of all appropriate information
• Directs actions toward supervision of nursing care given to neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients within the surgical suite and PACU, according to nursing principles
• Certified Nurse, Operating Room (CNOR) preferred
• Minimum 3 years of varied and progressive perioperative service experience or perioperative nursing management experience with an increasing level of administrative responsibility and authority required
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required; Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.