Interim Director of Nursing, Behavioral Health | Coastal California
We have an immediate interim opportunity for an experienced Director of Nursing for Behavioral Health. Are you ready to take an assignment with a hospital that has been described by its employees as an “excellent employer with great management and co-workers”? Our Client is part of a healthcare system proud to offer a variety of inpatient and outpatient programs committed to providing excellence in quality patient care.
The California coast is a fantastic place to be on assignment for the winter! Beautiful weather and an exciting pace of life have made this area one of the biggest draws in the West. This perfect location offers endless sunny days, picturesque mountains, pristine beaches, and easy access to a wealth of outdoor adventure. Plus, with top-notch wineries, local access to the arts, and gourmet restaurants, there's always something to enjoy!
• 60 FTEs
• The DON is actively involved, at the senior executive level, in the leadership of the organization
• Organizes and administers areas of Patient Care Services to attain the hospital's objectives established by the Governing Body
• Implements standards of nursing practice, reviewing and revising as necessary
• Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety
• Plans and coordinates with the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Financial Officer, Governing body, medical staff, and Department Heads
• Develops and implements a standard of care relevant to patient services and staff
• Supervises all staff who deliver direct patient services
• Coordinates all patient services
• Retains quality personnel through hiring, training, and evaluation of the program
• Three years of experience as a healthcare/behavioral executive, i.e., DON or COO at a Behavioral Health facility or as a Director of a large acute care facility with a large multi-unit psych department
• Working knowledge of behavioral health management practices and clinical operations
• Advanced knowledge of state and federal regulatory and various accreditation requirements related to behavioral health management
• Working knowledge of operations and financial management and marketing methods
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Availability to travel and work at the client site on a full-time schedule, Monday – Friday
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree highly preferred
About Galileo Search:
How will YOU benefit when working with Galileo?
• Highly competitive pay rates that are best in the industry -- with direct-deposit
• Generous per diem for housing of your choice and incidentals expenses
• Travel expense reimbursement (flights, rental car or mileage)
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k available
• State License expense reimbursement for endorsement
• Comprehensive insurance coverage
• Short or long-term assignments
• World-class support before, during and after each assignment
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.