Director of Case Management & Hospice | Texas
Galileo Search is conducting an executive search for a Director of Case Management & Hospice. Are you ready to work with a team of committed and dedicated professionals who support each other like family? Our Client is deeply rooted in the community and focused on delivering high-quality healthcare to every patient that comes through their doors.
This multi-cultural paradise offers an amazing cost of living, great schools, low crime rates, and an unparalleled quality of life! This area is booming economically and offers an abundance of arts and culture, friendly locals, and a rich local history, providing a formula for personal & professional success!
Manages the coordination and implementation of case management strategies under the Case Management Plan. Plans and coordinates care of the patient from pre-hospitalization through discharge. Coordinates with all members of the healthcare team to assure a collaborative approach is maintained in the care and treatment of the patient. Reviews care, and treatment for appropriateness against screening criteria and for infection control, quality and risk assessment are documenting the same in the computerized database. Responsible for authorization of appropriate services for continued stay and through discharge. Plans and coordinates home care services and needs.
• Provides discharge planning and at home follow-up assessment (via telephone, in some cases may make a home visit)
• Coordinates the discharge planning function in conjunction with the social worker, assists Quality Management Coordinator and Risk Manager with screening, investigation and problem resolution
• Assists the Utilization Management Department with all utilization activities as requested and directed
• Participates in education on and implementation of clinical guidelines and protocols
• Continues contact with patients with chronic diagnoses to assist with lifestyle changes as needed to prevent recurrence or exacerbation of chronic illness
• Meets with patient and family to assist with disease management planning
• Works closely with DC planner to integrate psychosocial management of patient/family needs
• Participates in performance improvement activities
• Serves as a resource for department managers, staff, physicians, and administration to obtain information or clarification on accurate and ethical reporting and documentation standards, guidelines, and regulatory requirements
• Performs accurate statistical analysis and compilation of reports to facilitate data review
• Demonstrates the ability to query physicians for clarification and specificity of documentation in accordance with hospital policy and the AHIMA Practice Brief: Developing a Physician Query Process
• Collaborates with home health agencies and local SNF’s for improved patient outcomes
• Performs intake assessment on the patient within 24 hours of admission
• Utilizes SBAR, to facilitate coordination of patient care and ensure accurate documentation
• Plans patient care in collaboration with all members of the healthcare team
• Keeps patient informed of progress and provides information related to disease progression
• Works with third-party payers to validate the need for patient care and home care environment needs
• Certification in Case Management required
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Case Management in an acute hospital, home health, hospice, and inpatient mental facilities
• Master’s Degree required
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.