Interim Infection Preventionist/Coordinator | RN | CIC | Coastal California
Galileo Search, LLC is representing another outstanding interim / temporary assignment for an experienced acute care Infection Preventionist.
Our client is an innovative, 200+ bed acute care hospital that is accredited by The Joint Commission. Quality at the facility is of the highest caliber and leadership consistently strives to innovate and improve the organization's service levels.
Infection Preventionists love working with Galileo Search! Our contract positions are ideal for qualified individuals that; enjoy traveling, building relationships, solving problems, embrace new professional challenges, and seeking to earn a six-figure income. If you are available and would like to explore contracting, why not start at the top by contacting America’s leading Infection Prevention Search & Staffing firm – Galileo Search, LLC.
Celebrating 15+ Years of Service to America’s Infection Prevention Community.
HIGHLY COMPETITIVE PAY | LODGING | RENTAL CAR or MILEAGE | PAID FLIGHTS HOME WORLD-CLASS SUPPORT
• Conducts ongoing surveillance investigation and follow up of infections through review of admission diagnoses, microbiology culture results, isolation orders, patient records, consultation requests, and post-discharge surveillance
• Manages a staff of one Infection Preventionist. Reports to a highly supportive Director of Quality.
• Analyzes trends & risk factors and designs & evaluates prevention and control strategies
• Participates in investigation and reporting of hospital infection outbreaks
• Performs program assessment and makes recommendations for correction and improvement
• Provides a safe healthcare environment for patients by using evidence-based guidelines to prevent HAIs
• Develops prevention and educational strategies for staff, physicians, and patients
• California Registered Nurse – RN required
• Certification in Infection Control (CIC) by the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology (CBIC)
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in an acute care setting
• Ideally 5+ years of experience in acute care infection prevention and control
• Knowledge of regulatory and clinical practice guidelines to include TJC survey readiness
• Computer skills should include: NHSN data entry/reporting, clinical surveillance software, Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems, and Microsoft Office suite
• Bachelor’s degree required
Acute Care Hospital
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Staffing Services, a division of Galileo Search, LLC., is a premier provider of interim healthcare specialists, professionals and executives to acute care hospitals nationwide. To learn more about Galileo Staffing Services, visit our website at: www.galileosearch.com.
How will YOU benefit when working with Galileo?
• Highly competitive pay rates that are best in the industry -- with direct-deposit
• Generous per diem for housing of your choice and incidentals expenses
• Travel expense reimbursement (flights, rental car or mileage)
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k available
• State License expense reimbursement for endorsement
• Comprehensive insurance coverage
• Short or long-term assignments
• World-class support before, during and after each assignment
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry
Interim, Temp, Temporary, Consulting, Consultant, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, epidemiology, HAI, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, performance measurement, federal regulations, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, procedures, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, RN, Registered Nurse, MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, PhD, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, LTCs, CAHs, acute care, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiology, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, sole practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, HAI, hand hygiene, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, ICRA – Infection Control Risk Assessment, performance measurement, outbreak, investigation, research, disinfection, HLD, GAP analysis, mock survey, sentinel event, communicable, disease, isolation, federal regulations, regulatory, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, rounds, procedures, survey readiness, risk assessment, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, SSI, CAUTI, CLABSI, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, multidrug-resistant organism (MDRO), Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, NHSN, National Healthcare Safety Network, The Joint Commission, TJC, JCAHO, DNV, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, SHEA, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, data mining, statistics, Carefusion MedMined, TheraDoc, Premier SafetySurveillor, AICE, ICNet, Sentri7, RL Solutions IMPro, SafetySurveillor, executive, professional, job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, search, team, leader, leadership, management, advancement, challenge, promotion, growth, resources, support, professional development California, CA