Interim Patient Safety, Quality & Performance Improvement Consultant | Acute Care Hospital | Southwestern US
This assignment will be responsible for ensuring that the care provided to patients is of the highest quality by maintaining high performance on national and regional validated quality metrics, monitoring the performance of the medical staff and related analysis, reporting, and education.
The ideal Consultant will have a strong background in healthcare patient safety, quality, performance improvement, public reporting initiatives, team-building skills, and data analysis. Must be able to think critically, identify problems and barriers and work cooperatively to develop and implement solutions with departments throughout the organization. Strong communication skills and the ability to foster communication and teamwork are essential to this assignment. This assignment will report to the Director of Quality.
What a great remove location to be on assignment for the winter months; majestic mountain ranges, breathtaking natural beauty, and a dry climate that is neither overly hot or cold. This desert experience will be with you for a lifetime.
• RCAs (Root Cause Analysis)
• Peer Review
• Monitoring and analyzing metrics (i.e. Process, Outcome)
• Miscellaneous publicly reported measures
• Identifying opportunities for improvement and/or early signs of declining performance
• Education (i.e. Training, Coaching)
• Conducting unit/departmental audits to support quality/safety performance and goals and ensure that Quality Action Plans are in place
• Playing a key role in promoting a culture of quality, safety and patient centered care
• Mentoring new full-time employee once recruited
• Active RN licensure (any state) a plus but not required
• Masters in Nursing or other Health Care field preferred but not required
• Five plus years currently related experience in an acute care setting
• Current knowledge of performance improvement, quality and safety measures
• Knowledge of Evidence-based, CMS and TJC clinical metrics (i.e. Core Measures, AHRQ Quality and Safety Indicators, Hospital Acquired Conditions)
• Proficiency with electronic medical record systems required
About Galileo Search:
How will YOU benefit when working with Galileo?
• Highly competitive pay rates that are best in the industry -- with direct-deposit
• Generous per diem for housing of your choice and incidentals expenses
• Travel expense reimbursement (flights, rental car or mileage)
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k available
• State License expense reimbursement for endorsement
• Comprehensive insurance coverage
• Short or long-term assignments
• World-class support before, during and after each assignment
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.