Emergency Department Director | New Mexico
Our client is a small acute-care hospital with a long-term care facility, fully accredited by The Joint Commission. The hospital is consistently recognized for delivering high quality patient care and considers patient and employee satisfaction among their primary focus areas.
Welcome to beautiful New Mexico! Outstanding desert landscapes, brilliant sunsets, and stunning night skies make this a perfect place to enjoy the true southwestern experience. With over 300 days of sunshine, you can play year-round, whether it's golf, hiking, biking, climbing mountains or just relaxing in a deck chair as you enjoy the rays in one of the city’s parks. Glorious weather means year-round festivals, music and art events!
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Manages staff and provides oversight of operational and nursing activities
• Consults with staff, physicians and nursing administration on nursing problems and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met
• Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities
• Prepares and monitors annual department operating budget
• Must be able to carry out nursing duties and work in a staff RN role when needed
• TNCC, ENPC, & CEN certifications preferred
• BLS – AHA certification required
• ACLS & PALS required
• Knowledge of Trauma levels, Stroke Center and Cardiac designation processes
• Minimum 5 years of Emergency Department experience
• Minimum 2 years of supervisory or management experience
• BSN required; Master’s prepared Candidates preferred
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry