Infection Control Coordinator | Maryland
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced Infection Control Coordinator with current experience in an acute care hospital environment. Our client is a state-of-the-art community hospital in a thriving health care system.
The facility is in an ideal location to live and play while advancing your career! The rich history and friendly locals combine with excellent schools, plenty of recreational activities, and the opportunity to experience all four seasons in this beautiful location. This area allows you to enjoy a smaller town community with plenty of nearby big city amenities.
The Infection Control Coordinator reports to the Director of Infection Prevention and is responsible for assisting in developing, implementing, evaluating and enhancing the medical center-wide program for the prevention and control of both healthcare-associated and community-acquired infections.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Surveillance, analysis, reporting and recording activities as well as setting standards and evaluating compliance of practices that are associated with the prevention and control of infections
• Coordinating and facilitating meetings of the infection prevention and control committee
• Providing consultation and education to administration, committees, and medical center staff on issues relating to infection prevention
• Serving as a liaison between the healthcare community, medical staff, and public health authorities
• Integrating infection prevention activities into performance improvement, quality, risk management, and patient and safety programs
• Managing special projects, including outbreak and sentinel event investigations and focus studies related to infection prevention issues
• Reviewing the impact of new products and procedures on infection prevention
• Evaluating patient care environments for infection prevention practices and hazards through environmental inspections and risk assessments
• Active Maryland RN (Registered Nurse) or eligible for reciprocity
• CIC preferred
• Minimum of five years of recent experience in infection control or public health required
• Experience with project management and organizational change
• Knowledge of CDC reporting requirements for hospital-acquired infections
• Knowledge of epidemiology and surveillance principals
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
Acute Care Hospital
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, epidemiology, HAI, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, performance measurement, federal regulations, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, procedures, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, RN, Registered Nurse, MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, PhD, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, LTCs, CAHs, acute care, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiology, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, sole practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, HAI, hand hygiene, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, ICRA – Infection Control Risk Assessment, performance measurement, outbreak, investigation, research, disinfection, HLD, GAP analysis, mock survey, sentinel event, communicable, disease, isolation, federal regulations, regulatory, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, rounds, procedures, survey readiness, risk assessment, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, SSI, CAUTI, CLABSI, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, multidrug-resistant organism (MDRO), Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, NHSN, National Healthcare Safety Network, The Joint Commission, TJC, JCAHO, DNV, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, SHEA, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, data mining, statistics, Carefusion MedMined, TheraDoc, Premier SafetySurveillor, AICE, ICNet, Sentri7, RL Solutions IMPro, SafetySurveillor, executive, professional, job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, search, team, leader, leadership, management, advancement, challenge, promotion, growth, resources, support, professional development, Maryland, MD