Director of Surgical Services | Southeastern, US | Ready for a Warmer Climate
Supportive Executive Leadership Team | Dedicated & Compassionate Staff
Ranks in Top 25 U.S. Places for Low Cost of Living | Affordable Housing | Low Property Tax
Surrounded by Pristine Lakes | A Few Hours Drive to Majestic Mountain Ranges or The Gulf of Mexico Beaches
Galileo Search, LLC is representing another outstanding opening for an experienced Director of Surgical Services.
Our client is ranked among the Nation’s 100 Top Hospitals based on measures of overall organizational performance, patient care, operational efficiency, and financial stability. They were also ranked in the top 15 Health Systems nationwide. The organization credits their success to visionary leadership, a hospital-wide culture of excellence and openness to adopting new technologies and techniques. This highly regarded Level II Trauma Center is TJC Accredited and is well-respected for its deep roots in the community.
Located in the heart of the South, the area offers colorful falls, mild winters, and excellent proximity to the Gulf Coast and the mountains. The city is filled with historical landmarks, performing arts centers, excellent choices of colleges and schools as well as sporting activities and dining options to keep even the most active resident very happy.
• Position reports to a highly supportive Vice President of Surgical Services and the Chief Nursing Officer respectively
• The position serves as a consulting resource to other surgical programs within the affiliated health system facilities
• 134 FTEs
• We are seeking advanced skills in the following areas; employee engagement, mentoring, operational efficiency, recruitment and retention programs, teamwork development, patient-centered care, and professional practices
• Accountable for the management/operation of the departments and the development and maintenance of interdisciplinary relationships between all levels of departmental staff
• Ability to foster a collaborative environment between staff members and an ability to achieve operational goals through influence and expert change management skills
• Will develop policies and procedures, ensure quality control including managing the departmental operations and capital equipment budgets, and will manage the continuous maintenance of staffing and the development of personnel and service line growth in the department
• Responsible for nursing quality programs that are outcome oriented
• Manages continuous Quality Improvement activities, Risk, prevention of infection, and staff adherence to evidence-based nursing practices
• Plans, develops and implements plans for Human Resources, facilities, programs and services related to surgical services
• Provides expertise and consultative services to the organization by serving on hospital & system committees
• Actively seeks input & feedback from physicians/other departments to ensure positive relationships
• Presents proposal/program/policy changes to OR committee, section meetings and surgical services staff for information and feedback
• Establishes scheduling policy/procedures in collaboration with surgeons & anesthesia based on Medical Staff Bylaws and hospital policies
• Provides for effective, efficient service to Medical staff using Surgical Services
• Collaborates with Anesthesia Dept. chair to establish practices that ensure a team relationship/function among all staff
• Ensures collegial contact among surgeons and Staff to maintain open communication lines
• Minimum of five (5) years of acute care clinical nursing management experience
• Minimum of three (3) years of Director level leadership experience in Surgical Services
• Proven leadership skills, human resources management, organizational, interpersonal and customer relations skills
• Planning and allocation of financial, physical, and human resources
• Compliance with regulatory agencies
• Excellent written and verbal communication to include proficient computer skills
• Experience in organizational change management
• A track record of successful performance and effective utilization of the nursing process
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree highly preferred
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.