System Director of Infection Prevention | Ready for a Warmer Climate | Southeastern, US
Galileo Search is representing another outstanding career opportunity for an experienced Infection Preventionist and a dynamic leader that influences through example. Our long-term client is a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare system located in the heart of the Southeast. The organization is a premier healthcare provider and tertiary referral center for their state/region.
Live/Work/Play: The area can provide a bright future for both professional and personal endeavors. While the city is known for its historical significance, there is a thriving arts community, recreational activities (golf, hunting, fishing, hiking, mountain biking, climbing, camping, cycling, trail running, paddling, sailing, live music, sporting events), museums, internationally acclaimed festivals, and a plethora of restaurants touting diverse cuisines. When it comes to shopping, whether it's for antiques, the convenience of mall shopping, locally owned boutiques or national retail stores, this city has it all. Did we mention the beautiful tree-lined streets, great cost of living and affordable housing?
This southeastern destination combines natural beauty, history, and adventure! There is also close access to majestic mountains and sandy/sunny beaches on the Gulf of Mexico.
• Reports to a dynamic and supportive System Vice President of Quality & Patient Safety
• Provides strategic and operational direction for an integrated approach to the Infection Prevention and Control program
• Directs a staff of 6 Infection Preventionists – a well-established team that is eager to support a dynamic and dedicated systemwide leader
• Will oversee IP program for three acute care facilities and associated clinics/health centers
• Provide organization-wide leadership and support to assure patient safety through evidence-based practices that reduce infection risk, and improve patient outcomes
• Build and support a cohesive team where staff can apply their skills and perspectives to achieve operational goals and drive positive outcomes
• Advise and consult with leadership and staff as the organization's infection prevention & control subject matter expert on matters related to infection prevention and control including surveillance, epidemiology, outcomes measurement, quality/performance improvement, and employee health
• Coordinates, develops and provides education and educational materials regarding disease transmission and practices for infection prevention and control for all division facilities as needed
• Serves on healthcare committees as the representative for infection prevention and control
• Evaluates the effectiveness of infection prevention programs and recommends changes as needed
• Serves as department liaison with local and state public agencies and the CDC, and seeks their expertise as needed
• Minimum 5 years of directly related infection prevention leadership experience in an acute care hospital or hospital system environment
• Demonstrated ability to oversee operational activities of the Infection Prevention and Control Department while implementing evidence-based guidelines for infection prevention
• Working knowledge of regulatory and accreditation requirements to assure program compliance across a large corporation with multiple sites
• Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form with staff at all levels
• Experience performing Root Cause Analysis and leading performance improvement initiatives
• Strong familiarity with regulatory and accreditation requirements
• Demonstrated skills in strategic planning, evaluating programs and implementing solutions
• Experience with electronic medical record and surveillance software programs for data analysis and presentation
• Proven skills in mentoring and staff development
• Bachelor’s degree; RN, MT(ASCP) or MPH
• Master's degree preferred but not required
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.