Interim Senior Director of Practice Finance | CPA Desired | Maine
Galileo Search has an immediate interim assignment for an experienced Senior Director of Practice Finance with a preferred client hospital system in Maine. This high-profile assignment will provide leadership and direction for financial strategies, reporting, and policy.
What a great location to be on assignment! This is the perfect time of year to be heading towards the Northeast for an assignment. Enjoy hiking to see the beautiful fall colors, museums, concerts, historic landmarks, theatre, dining, nightlife, shopping, sightseeing, spas, and so much more.
• 3+ month assignment
• Responsibility for both internal (hospital system) and external practices
• Partners with the VP Practice Operations Administration to ensure a viable and sustainable business model supported by sound financial strategy, robust metrics, and timely reporting
• Will work in concert with the Chief Physician Executive and Vice President of Operations, Administration to ensure that the practice’s strategic initiatives are financially sound, its ongoing operational performance is reported timely and is monitored rigorously for improvement opportunities impacting financial performance
• Oversees production and coordinates provision of ongoing periodic dashboards and reporting
• Ensures reporting is comprehensible and actionable by leadership
• Participates with senior leaders in the creation and administration of physician compensation programs
• Provides leadership and guidance in the strategic and financial impact of various programmatic options
• Collaborates with executives and financial leadership on the parameters and goals of each annual budget
• Assumes primary responsibility for the preparation of the budget, working collaboratively with the VP Finance, the VP Practice Operations, and others, and oversee the overall work in constructing the budget
• Coordinates production and analysis of any proforma or other financial forecasts
• Demonstrates a broad understanding of the health care industry, physician practice management, awareness of the impact of the operational activity on financial performance and high level analytical and strategic/critical thinking
• 5 years of financial management experience in an acute care hospital setting, with the ability to provide assistance, analysis, recommendations for improvement, budgeting assistance, and other educational assistance to senior leaders and department directors
• Expertise in physician practice finance required
• Professional Billing Revenue Cycle experience
• Must be available to travel to client site and work a full-time Monday – Friday schedule
• B.S. (or equivalent) degree in accounting or finance required
• Master’s degree required
About Galileo Search:
How will YOU benefit when working with Galileo?
• Highly competitive pay rates that are best in the industry -- with direct-deposit
• Generous per diem for housing of your choice and incidentals expenses
• Travel expense reimbursement (flights, rental car or mileage)
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k available
• State License expense reimbursement for endorsement
• Comprehensive insurance coverage
• Short or long-term assignments
• World-class support before, during and after each assignment
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.