Administrative Support Specialist | Long-Term Temp | Lower Manhattan | Recent Grads Encouraged to Apply | Entry-Level
Monday - Friday | Full-Time | 9:00 am - 5:00 pm | Must be able to commute to Lower Manhattan Daily | Must be available for a long-term temporary assignment
The Administrative Support / Documentation Specialist will provide document management assistance to our client’s Claims Department. This will include becoming a subject matter expert on department operations and performing various operational/clerical support tasks such as; preparation of presentation materials/PowerPoint, verbal and written institution correspondence, various office coordination functions, documentation organization and other tasks as needed.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Reports to a Senior Director and supports a department of seven
• Coordinates and administer clerical functions of the department
• Preparing expense reports
• Preparing PowerPoint Presentations (PowerPoint Skills are essential)
• Maintenance of office paper and electronic files
• Facilitate departmental communications such as generating and receiving mail, message distribution, visitors, calls, etc.
• Manage subscriptions and maintain Newsletter/Clipping Service
• Serves as point of contact with the Administration and HR department to coordinate workflow processes and procedures with the managers and employees of the departments
• Prepares slides and reports for meetings and presentations
• Responsible for keeping various records for the department and generating regular reports
• Attend Committee Meetings and take meeting minutes
• Other projects or tasks that are specific to the department
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Outlook, MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint and ideally knowledge of Visio, Tableau and Access
• Testing Required: Typing, Access, Visio, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Enthusiastic team player who works well with others
• Well organized – superb follow-up skills
• High degree of initiative; self-starter
• Great attention to detail
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Proven ability to protect the confidentiality of sensitive materials and knowledge
• Willingness to go-the-extra-mile to complete assignments or projects
• Ability to solve complex problems through the team and independent analysis
• Proven ability to meet deadlines and deal effectively in a fast-paced, highly professional environment
• Ability to organize and evaluate office production and procedures and create processes to manage workflow
• Trustworthy; strong personal integrity
• Bachelor’s Degree required
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.