Interim Director of Nursing – Emergency Department | RN | Nebraska
Our client is a non-profit, award-winning, facility focused on providing the highest standards of quality care and unsurpassed levels of service to help patients achieve the best possible outcomes. The environment is positive with a team atmosphere. The staff and management are genuine professionals who enjoy their work and foster a positive company culture.
This is the opportunity you've been dreaming of, an incredible location providing plenty of outdoor activities throughout the year. Breathtaking scenery, friendly locals, and an amazing variety of activities make this the perfect place for your next assignment.
• Reports to the Vice President of Nursing / CNO
• Collaborates cooperatively and supportively with the members of the medical staff to provide emergency services for all patients who present to the emergency department
• Works in partnership with, and supports, the heads of diagnostic and therapeutic services to ensure that house staff services are appropriate, and monitors community needs providing significant input into EMS system and disaster planning
• Provides leadership, planning, organization, staffing, coordination, and evaluation for the emergency department, a clinical decision unit, house supervisors and scheduler activities
• Collaborates with the ED Medical Director and staff to ensure that departmental performance meets or exceeds standards described in medical staff rules and regulations, the hospital bylaws, departmental policies, the TJC Manual of Accreditation, and in other appropriate local and national standards.
• Helps build enthusiasm, stability, teamwork, and competence among employees through supervision, individualized evaluation and counseling, and training
• Ensures departmental policies are known, understood, and implemented by the emergency department staff
• Monitors correctness and appropriateness of emergency department records; implements corrective intervention as required in association with medical records and quality assurance mechanisms
• Develops and maintains a current orientation process and checklist for new department members
• Minimum of 3 years of clinical Emergency Department experience required
• Minimum 2 years of progressive management experience preferred
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) required; Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) preferred
About Galileo Search:
How will YOU benefit when working with Galileo?
• Highly competitive pay rates that are best in the industry -- with direct-deposit
• Generous per diem for the housing of your choice and incidentals expenses
• Travel expense reimbursement (flights, rental car or mileage)
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k available
• State License expense reimbursement for endorsement
• Comprehensive insurance coverage
• Short or long-term assignments
• World-class support before, during and after each assignment
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.