Director of Nursing, Emergency Department | Nebraska
Voted a Top 100 Places to Live | City Voted a Top 10 Place to Work | Great Quality of Life | Affordable Housing | Small Town Charm | Big City Opportunities | Experience All 4 Seasons
Voted a Top 20 Rural Community Hospital | A Healthgrades Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence | Press Gainey Excellence Award Recipient
The Staff, Nurses, Physicians, and Administrators Invite You to Explore This Unique Career Opportunity
Our client is a non-profit, award-winning, facility focused on providing the highest standards of quality care and unsurpassed levels of service to help patients achieve the best possible outcomes. The environment is positive with a team atmosphere. The staff and management are genuine professionals who enjoy their work and foster a positive company culture.
This is the opportunity you've been dreaming of, an incredible location providing plenty of outdoor activities throughout the year. Breathtaking scenery, friendly locals, and an amazing variety of activities make this the perfect place for your next career move.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Collaborates cooperatively and supportively with the members of the medical staff to provide emergency services for all patient who presents to the emergency department
• Works in partnership with, and supports, the heads of diagnostic and therapeutic services to ensure that house staff services are appropriate, and monitors community needs providing significant input into EMS system and disaster planning
• Provides leadership, planning, organization, staffing, coordination, and evaluation for the emergency department, clinical decision unit, house supervisors and scheduler activities
• Collaborates with the ED Medical Director and staff to ensure that departmental performance meets or exceeds standards described in medical staff rules and regulations, the hospital bylaws, departmental policies, the TJC Manual of Accreditation, and in other appropriate local and national standards.
• Works with hospital administration team to ensure that the department meets or exceeds its defined objectives for improvement, growth, and expansion of services in alignment with the hospital strategic plan
• Helps build enthusiasm, stability, teamwork, and competence among employees through supervision, individualized evaluation and counseling, and training
• Ensures departmental policies are known, understood, and implemented by the emergency department staff
• Monitors correctness and appropriateness of the emergency department records; implements corrective intervention as required in association with medical records and quality assurance mechanisms
• Develops and maintains a current orientation process and checklist for new department members
• Minimum of 3 years of clinical Emergency Department experience required
• Minimum 2 years of progressive management experience preferred
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing (BSN) required; Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) preferred
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.