Infection Prevention & Control Program Manager | Midwest, US
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
Galileo Search is conducting an executive search for an Infection Prevention & Control Program Manager for our award-winning Client in the Midwest.
Combine a fulfilling career move with a captivating local history, excellent cost of living, and the opportunity to enjoy all four seasons. Museums, outdoor activities, professional sporting events, local access to the arts, and a wealth of culinary treasures await you in this beautiful jewel of the Midwest!
ROLE OF THE INFECTION PREVENTION & CONTROL PROGRAM MANAGER:
The Program Manager has responsibility for management of the hospital Infection Prevention program. This position is responsible for coordinating and allocating resources and managing the hospital-wide infection prevention program to promote patient safety and maintain a safe environment for the healthcare provider, patient, and visitor. This position acts as the Infection Control Officer and manages the design, development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of the program, which includes prevention, surveillance, policy development, education, process improvement, regulatory compliance, and reporting.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Establishes annual infection control goals based upon strategic priorities, external requirements, and emerging community and healthcare concerns
• Leads, develops, and implements short and long-range program goals which enhance patient care
• Deploys IP resources in response to program needs
• Develops annual budget and monitors to ensure effective and efficient use of resources
• Evaluates overall program performance and makes recommendations for improvement
• Understands the economic environment and impact of payment trends linked to performance, quality measure threshold incentives, and impact of healthcare-associated infections on the organization’s financial health
• Participates in the on-call rotation to assist in after hour and weekend infection control consultations
• Directs the development of appropriate policies and procedures to support infection prevention and control
• Participates in emergency management, and the planning, design and project activities of construction to minimize infection risk and provide a safe environment of care for patients, visitors, and staff
• Ensures Infection Control participates in the review and selection of new projects that impact infectious disease processes within the organization
• Maintains accountability for continuous survey readiness and compliance of all regulatory and accreditation infection associated requirements
• Ensures compliance for the annual inpatient and outpatient payment system, public reporting of healthcare-associated process and outcome measures CMS conditions of participation and TJC elements of performance, and OSHA or FDA infection control standards
• Bachelor's Degree required; Master’s degree preferred
• Active RN required
• CIC preferred, or required within 6 months of hire
• Minimum 5 years of experience in acute care infection prevention and control
• Minimum 2 years of leading groups’ system-wide projects and/or interdisciplinary PI workgroups with positive outcome
• Knowledge and skills in Infection Prevention Core Competencies, Identification of Infectious Disease Processes, Surveillance and Epidemiologic Investigation Prevention/Controlling the Transmission of Infectious Agent, Employee/Occupational Health, Operating room and disinfection/sterilization, Emergency Preparedness
Acute Care Hospital | TJC Accredited
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at: www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, epidemiology, HAI, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, performance measurement, federal regulations, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, procedures, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, RN, Registered Nurse, MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, PhD, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, LTCs, CAHs, acute care, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiology, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, sole practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, HAI, hand hygiene, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, ICRA – Infection Control Risk Assessment, performance measurement, outbreak, investigation, research, disinfection, HLD, GAP analysis, mock survey, sentinel event, communicable, disease, isolation, federal regulations, regulatory, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, rounds, procedures, survey readiness, risk assessment, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, SSI, CAUTI, CLABSI, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, multidrug-resistant organism (MDRO), Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, NHSN, National Healthcare Safety Network, The Joint Commission, TJC, JCAHO, DNV, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, SHEA, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, data mining, statistics, Carefusion MedMined, TheraDoc, Premier SafetySurveillor, AICE, ICNet, Sentri7, RL Solutions IMPro, SafetySurveillor, executive, professional, job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, search, team, leader, leadership, management, advancement, challenge, promotion, growth, resources, support, professional development, Midwest, U.S. Illinois, IL, Indiana, IN, Iowa, IA, Kansas, KS, Michigan, MI, Minnesota, MN, Missouri, MO, Nebraska, NE, North Dakota, ND, Ohio, OH, South Dakota, SD, Wisconsin, WI