Director Patient Safety and Loss Prevention | New York, NY (Clinical Executives)
Desired Traits: Strategic Thinker | Ambassador | Liaison | Consensus Builder | Facilitator | Analytical | Communicator | Proven Leader | Subject Matter Expert | Navigator
Perks: Professional Challenge | Career Security | Pro-Active versus Re-Active Environment | Competitive Compensation | World-Class Benefits | Exceptional Work / Life Balance
Experience Sought: Acute Care Professionals & Executives with Clinical Quality, Patient Safety / Risk Management Credentials
Ready to take your clinical knowledge and leadership experience to a new level? Are you a strategic / analytical thinker that finds themselves held-back by the day-to-day demands often associated with a hospital based leadership role? Do you have a passion for healthcare Patient Safety and Quality? How would you feel about working for a company that takes a pre-emptive / pro-active approach to patient safety and loss prevention, versus reacting to each occurrence? How about interfacing clinically but working strategically? Would you thrive in a Monday – Friday business office environment with a predictable work/life balance where you are home in the evenings, on weekends, and off for the holidays?
In this high-profile role, The Loss Prevention and Patient Safety Director will serve as a liaison between our client and their subscriber organizational leadership. Their subscribers include some of America’s most prestigious integrated academic medical centers. Our client, by interfacing directly with these organizations, identifies high risk areas for claims and facilitates loss prevention assessments and interventions (the approach is pro-active and preventative versus re-active). The Director is responsible for the development of an assigned inter-institutional project and supports other cross institutional projects at their institution. By utilizing institutional claims data and other clinical information, and coordinating focused department specific risk assessments, the Director and their team will make recommendations of best practices to reduce targeted risks. The Director will coordinate the risk evaluation of institutional physicians and entities based on premium and claim losses for new applicants and currently insured physicians for both open and closed claims. This role includes serving as a subject matter expert in risk reduction strategies including education, project management, and impact measurement. We are seeking a high-level strategic thinker that can synthesize, package and communicate project concepts effectively at all levels within a large complex integrated healthcare system.
• Proven clinical and administrative leadership experience in large hospital or integrated healthcare delivery systems highly preferred
• Minimum of 10 years administrative, leadership experience in healthcare risk management, medical malpractice insurance, clinical operations, and/or quality management, or performance improvement/patient safety
• Expertise in quality management, performance improvement, data analysis and Lean methods desirable
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Demonstrated strength in teamwork and collaboration
• Knowledge of computer software programs, including demonstrated proficiency with MS Office
• Knowledge of evidence based resources including proficiency with literature searches
• Well-developed written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• CPHRM, CPPS or CPHQ certification or obtained within one year of hire
• Consulting experience desirable
• Must be willing to travel locally
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
Your information will not be shared with any third party without your permission.
We look forward to hearing from you!