Director Patient Safety and Loss Prevention | New York, NY (Clinical Executives)
Benefits/Perks: Career Development | Professional Challenge | Career Security | Pro-Active versus Re-Active Work Environment | Partner with a Pedigree Academic Medical Institution | Competitive Compensation | World-Class Benefits | Monday – Friday Work Schedule | Home in the Evenings, on Weekends, and off for the Holidays | Exceptional Work / Life Balance
Experience Sought: Acute Care Professionals & Executives with Current Clinical Quality, Patient Safety / Risk Management Credentials. Clinical credentials may include Registered Nursing (RN), Pharmacist, Radiologist or other disciplines.
Ready to take your clinical knowledge and leadership experience to a new level? Are you a strategic/analytical thinker that finds themselves held-back by the day-to-day demands often associated with a hospital-based leadership role? Do you have a passion for healthcare patient safety and quality? How would you feel about working for a company that takes a pre-emptive / pro-active approach to patient safety, risk management, and loss prevention, versus reacting to each occurrence? How about interfacing clinically but working strategically?
In this high-profile role, The Loss Prevention and Patient Safety Director will serve as a liaison between our client and a highly prestigious academic medical center/system. Our client’s members include some of America’s most prestigious integrated academic medical centers. By interfacing directly with these world-renowned organizations, they identify high-risk areas for claims and facilitate loss prevention assessments and interventions (the approach is pro-active and preventative versus re-active).
The Director is responsible for the development of an assigned inter-institutional project and supports other cross-institutional projects at their institution. By utilizing institutional claims data and other clinical information, and coordinating focused department specific risk assessments, the Director and their team will make recommendations of best practices to reduce targeted risks. The Director will coordinate the risk evaluation of institutional physicians and entities based on premium and claim losses for new applicants and currently insured physicians for both open and closed claims. This role includes serving as a subject matter expert in risk reduction strategies including education, project management, and impact measurement. We are seeking a high-level strategic thinker that can synthesize, package and communicate project concepts effectively at all levels within a large complex integrated healthcare system.
• Minimum of 8 years administrative/leadership experience in healthcare risk management and/or patient safety, healthcare quality/performance improvement, medical malpractice insurance, or clinical operations
• Prior consulting experience desirable
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Demonstrated strength in teamwork, collaboration and relationship building are essential
• Knowledge of computer software programs, including demonstrated proficiency with MS Office
• Knowledge of evidence-based resources including proficiency in literature searches
• Well-developed written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• CPHRM or CPPS certification or obtained within one year of hire – CPHQ also desirable
• Periodic (day-trip) travel by train
• Master's Degree or higher in Nursing, Health Services, Allied Health or related field required
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
Your information will not be shared with any third party without your permission.
We look forward to hearing from you!