Infection Control Practitioner | Northern California / Bay Area
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
Our Client: A Technologically Advanced Top Ranking / Best-Places-to-Work Healthcare Organization with a Gold Seal of Approval
Utilizing breakthrough technologies and forward-thinking patient care, this organization focuses on providing the highest quality care and best possible experience for patients. The highly supportive leadership team supports continuous education and offer opportunities for advancement. The professionals working at this facility genuinely love their jobs and enjoy the camaraderie and family atmosphere provided by their coworkers.
Beautiful weather and an exciting pace of life have made this area one of the biggest draws on the west coast! This location provides excellent schools, a competitive housing market and the opportunity to live in a small town with the benefits of larger cities within a close drive. With picturesque mountains, and pristine beaches, this area offers easy access to a wealth of outdoor adventure, top notch wineries, local access to the arts, and gourmet restaurants, there's always something to do!
Northern California / Bay Area
The Infection Control Practitioner works collaboratively with all departments of the organization and as identified, carries out infection control projects to reduce and prevent risk of infection to patients, visitors, and staff. Leads in the development and assists with activities to accomplish the goals and objectives while monitoring the success of the infection prevention plan. This position reports to a supportive Director of Quality.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Conduct on-going surveillance using Center of Disease Control (CDC) infection criteria, documentation, and investigation of nosocomial infections
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the surveillance plan by analyzing trends and risk factors, and design & evaluate prevention & control strategies
• Collect, analyze, and report data as required per state and national compliance standards
• Participate in quality/performance improvement activities by assessing, monitoring, and evaluating outcomes on a continuous basis
• Plan, organize, develop, and present educational programs for all hospital employees to ensure compliance to infection control best practices
• Serve as a knowledgeable resource on infection control practices and policies to patients, families, and employees
• Prepare and present surveillance reports to designated committees
• Maintain a knowledge base of infection prevention and control information to effectively establish policies and procedures to prevent exposures and cross-contamination
• Maintain compliance with national standards and regulating bodies such as The Joint Commission (TJC), CDC, OSHA, FDA, and HCFA
• BSN required
• Active CA RN required or eligible for reciprocity
• Certified in Infection Control (CIC) required
• BLS required
• Minimum 3 years of nursing experience in an acute care facility
• Minimum 2 years of experience in acute care infection control
• Strong background in epidemiology and data analysis
Acute Care Hospital
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at: www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
Health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, epidemiology, HAI, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, performance measurement, federal regulations, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, procedures, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, RN, Registered Nurse, MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, PhD, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, LTCs, CAHs, acute care, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiology, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, sole practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, HAI, hand hygiene, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, ICRA – Infection Control Risk Assessment, performance measurement, outbreak, investigation, research, disinfection, HLD, GAP analysis, mock survey, sentinel event, communicable, disease, isolation, federal regulations, regulatory, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, rounds, procedures, survey readiness, risk assessment, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, SSI, CAUTI, CLABSI, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, multidrug-resistant organism (MDRO), Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, NHSN, National Healthcare Safety Network, The Joint Commission, TJC, JCAHO, DNV, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, SHEA, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, data mining, statistics, Carefusion MedMined, TheraDoc, Premier SafetySurveillor, AICE, ICNet, Sentri7, RL Solutions IMPro, SafetySurveillor, executive, professional, job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, search, team, leader, leadership, management, advancement, challenge, promotion, growth, resources, support, professional development, California, CA