Director of Employee Health & Safety | Medical Center | Maryland
Galileo Search is conducting a national search for an experienced Director of Employee Health & Safety. Our client is a state-of-the-art, award winning community hospital focused on providing excellence in quality in a patient and family care centered environment.
Rich history and friendly locals combine with plenty of recreational activities, and the opportunity to experience all four seasons in this beautiful location. This area allows you to enjoy a smaller town close to big city amenities, this is the perfect place for the next step in your career development!
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Collaborates with management and the worker's compensation third party administrator to reduce
• workplace incidents, injuries, and lost time through implementation of safety related programs and training
• Supervises the management of all work-related injuries and illnesses and participates in decision making regarding claims management, case management decisions, and claim settlement
• Oversees accident investigation and addresses employee safety concerns
• Collaborates with Employee Health to develop a comprehensive employee health program that includes health history, physical exam and required tests and x-rays for new employees
• Ensures compliance with all federal, state, local laws, regulations, rules and codes related to workplace safety and ensures that policies and processes adhere to applicable workplace safety rules and regulations
• Responds to inquiries from the Department of Health, the Joint Commission and other regulatory bodies
• Identifies unsafe practices in the workplace; Develops/implements appropriate mitigation plans
• Provides guidance and recommendation regarding accident and illness prevention strategies, including but not limited to safe patient handling, ergonomics, chemical safety and hazard reduction
• Prepares written safety and health programs/policies, develops annual company safety and health goals and identifies/develops company safety training needs and programs
• Partners with human resources leadership in leave of absence management issues
• Provides guidance on return to work and/or modified duty situations ensuring compliance with ADA and other employment laws and regulations
• Master's Degree preferred but not required
• Minimum of 5 years of Safety and Workers Comp experience required with 2 years of experience leading safety, environmental, health management and compliance programs
• Experience in a hospital or healthcare environment highly preferred
• Registration and license as a healthcare professional such as COHN-S or similar safety certification preferred
• Six Sigma Certification a plus
• Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all stakeholders are required
• Must be proficient with MS Office
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.