Director of Nursing, Long Term Care | Nebraska
Voted a Top 100 Places to Live | City Voted a Top 10 Place to Work | Great Quality of Life | Affordable Housing | Small Town Charm | Big City Opportunities | Experience All 4 Seasons
Voted a Top 20 Rural Community Hospital | A Healthgrades Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence | Press Gainey Excellence Award Recipient
The Staff, Nurses, Physicians, and Administrators Invite You to Explore This Unique Career Opportunity
Our client is a non-profit, award winning, facility focused on providing the highest standards of quality care and unsurpassed levels of service to help patients achieve the best possible outcomes. The environment is positive with a team atmosphere. The staff and management are genuine professionals who enjoy their work and foster a positive company culture.
This is the opportunity you've been dreaming of, an incredible location providing plenty of outdoor activities throughout the year. Breathtaking scenery, friendly locals, and an amazing variety of activities make this the perfect place for your next career move.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Documents assessments, interventions, outcomes, discharge plans, and patient/family relations
• Collaborate with physicians and other members of the interdisciplinary health care team to provide continuity of care
• Develops, discusses, and communicates an inter-disciplinary plan of care for each patient, in collaboration with each patient/family/significant other to address all identified needs
• Maintains up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to ensure the integration of information for use by the healthcare team, to ensure quality care.
• Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the nursing service department, as well as its programs and activities, in accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility
• Develop and implement a nursing service organization structure
• Ensure that all nursing service personnel follow established departmental policies and procedures, including infection control procedures when isolation precautions become necessary
• Assist the MDS Coordinator in developing, implementing and periodically updating the written procedures for the Discharge Planning Program
• Prepare and plan the nursing service department's budget and submit to the Administrator
• Active Nebraska Registered Nurse (RN) required or eligible for reciprocity
• Minimum 2 years of long-term care management or skilled nursing experience, ideally at the Manager, Assistant Director or Director levels
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step...
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.